Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**UPDATE** Fiesta SECRET MENU!! *New Video North American Fiesta*

So i was on youtube and found this video. Not sure of everything that it shows but what you can see is: coolant temp in F and C. You can see your Speed in MPH and KPH. (great for testing your speedo accuracy. Mine was dead on) You can see a digital Tach. Pretty cool stuff. Not sure what everything else is. But check out the video. Works perfect. I have the SES with push start. I just pushed the start button while having my finger on the odomoter button thats in the video, but did not start the car at first. Loaded into the TEST menu. Then started the car and played around!! :D:D:D:D:D

None of my information was reset after doing this. Everything is just as it was.

Video: YouTube - Ford fiesta mk7 **Secret menu**

Hope this is a good place to post this. If not please move to correct area. THANKS!

**update a friend of mine found all the descriptions of everything! Here is the site: Unlock the Digital Dash on Fords - Free Information

* 1.Shows a Gauge Sweep
* 2. Shows all 8's on the LCD (LCD TEST)
* 3. Illuminates all the bulbs on the dash
* 4. Displays hexadecimal value for ROM level
* 5. Displays the hexadecimal value for EE level
* 6. Shows DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code)
* 7. Digital Speedometer - mph
* 8. Digital Speedometer - kph
* 9. N/A
* 10. Digital tachometer
* 11.Fuel volume
* 12. Engine coolant temperature
* 13. Battery voltage
* 14. ABS fail
* 15. Electronic brake distribution (EBD) failure
* 16. Illumination
* 17. Crank Sense

**Here is the video of a 2011 Fiesta in North America doing the secret menu

Video of me accessing the menu in my car: YouTube - 2011 Ford Fiesta Secret Test Menu

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Vegas. I just did it on my car and it worked perfect!:D Just got my car 4 days ago.

·
Registered
949 Posts
My bad - I immediately clicked on the video without realizing you entered the secret menu too!
So it's identical to the EU version huh!? We want to see a video of it! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will put one together for all to see tonight / morning... :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Awesome!

I wonder if there's a way to get to this in models without pushbutton start?
EDIT: I bet it has something to do with the key, maybe turning it a certain number of times while holding down the reset button. Someone with an SE should try this.

I figure there's nothing like this on the S model, which does not have the full-featured message center between the gauges.

I can tell you that while I was randomly messing around with the stereo/clock controls on the S model I test drove I came across settings for "warning chimes" and "turn signals" but wasn't able to investigate further.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not sure if it is. hopefully someone can tell us more. I know some poeple can access this kind of menu all the way back on 03 svt focus's. It has been around for a while. Just needs the display in the middle. I know you can do it with a regular key, but not sure of all models. I like watching my coolant temp since there is no gauge!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Thanks for posting that. Could come in handy. A couple of us are getting Scangauge II code readers so we can have coolant temp and many other functions displayed.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
it works! i just ran outside and tried it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it works! i just ran outside and tried it.
:D

Awesome! I'm glad this is coming in handy already. Those scan guages are great! My friend use to have it on his scion tc. :cool:

·
Registered
341 Posts
How are you doing it? I can see them pressing and holding the trip button for a long time...do the key and pedals have to be in any particular position?

Forgot to mention how cool this is! Like every good piece of technology, the Fiesta has hidden easter eggs inside it. :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
This isn't really a secret menu it is just a on board instrument cluster test. It can be used to get DTC's instead of using the regular tester. Actually the car that was used in the first video had two DTC's and as descibred in the update it was for ABS and EBD systems. If there is a problem theses codes may be different or they may have been caused because the car wasn't equipped with them. They may also have been caused because the E-Brake was on.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I just did this on mine. You don't need the SYNC. It's on that little screen top center between the tach and speedo. Just put key in, hold reset button, start car. Push reset to go through list. I even drove it around in the speedo mode.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very easy to do. Just hold the reset button and turn the key to run (or press button with no feet on the pedals). Then wait till the beeps stop and the menu should pop up. :) I bought the car from you guys!! YOUR car actually ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did it on my "keyed" SE Fiesta and it worked flawlessly!
Preaty cool!
Thanks for the thread.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Has anyone trued it using the selector button the end of the turn signal switch that also controls the message center ? I keep forgetting to try it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I have. It does not work. I have done some looking around. This menu works on most ford with a digital odometer. I tried it today on a 2005 E250. Worked perfect. If anyone has another ford with this type of display please post your results here!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome!

I'm so trying this out as soon as I can. Hey I live in Las Vegas too! :) I haven't ran into any other fiestas driving around yet but I've only had mine for about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow! again i learn something new about my car from the faction forum.....thanks!;)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts