Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my Fiesta for about 3 months now and already the issues have begun. My stereo system was the first problem to start. Randomly there is a loud pop noise in the speakers and the entire system goes out. From reading other threads I took the advice to pull the fuse behind the glove box, wait a few minutes, then re-insert. That gets it going again but seriously?!, I should not have to do that regularly just to listen to my bloody music!

Now the engine has issues. I turn the key, all lights come on everything is as it should be minus a running engine. Turn the key to the off position and try again and it starts up. This has happened three times in the past week and a half. My car has 45k miles on it and I am now starting to wonder if the previous owner got rid of it because of these same issues. I love my Fiesta but am now wondering if this is just the beginning of a long line of problems.
I am having the same issue. Did you ever find out what was going on? I replaced the battery and a control module that was recalled. The next day it didn’t start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all my friend,

My fiesta 2011 for Vietnam destination which was contributed by Ford Vietnam.

Few days ago, when I driving it and no turn off inigtion key then waiting the red traffic then suddenly my car was off and lost too much time to retried start my car work again.
Today I tried to test at my home and same issue happened and my car could not start again.
Although, I tried to check many action from changed battery, re connect the grounding, clean intake sensor... all of thing not help.
Could you friends support me with many thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

My Ford Fiesta 2011 is also having the starting issue now (245,000 km on it). When try to start it on a cool engine (in the morning mostly) engine cranks over but won’t start (or finally start after a few seconds of trying). If it does not start since the first try then off and on the key again will help. It will always start on the second try. But Hey! It is so annoying.

We had been also having the famous transmission problem (shuddering on low gear) but that we have fixed by TCM change, Transaxle repair (clutch forks replacement). It is driving good so far ever since.

But the starting issue is still there. The tech guy at Ford Service (where we fixed the transmission) said it can be due to the bad battery. But we recently checked the battery (after the transmission fix) and it shows that the battery is still OK. There are three tests there on the slip: (BATTERY TEST - Good Battery, STARTER TEST - Normal, CHARGING TEST - Low).

I am also wondering is it normal to change the battery every year? Last time we changed our battery a year ago. The previous battery also stayed about 1 year and 3 months.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It can be normal. I've had to replace approximately once a year on my previous car. On my Fiesta so far, the original battery lasted three years, second lasted two years. It's got its third battery now, so far just over 1 year.

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
The 2011-2013 cars had power distribution box and battery ground strap issues. For any odd or intermittent electrical problems, inspect the under hood distribution box for debris and corrosion on the underside. Clean appropriately if needed and reseat any wires. For the battery ground body attachment point, inspect and clean as necessary making sure there is no rust or paint present.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 2011 Fiesta (automatic), 47k(ish?) miles on it in March this year. 1 previous owner. It now has about 55k miles.
Starting in June, The Fiesta began to have issues with starting. It has been towed 3 times and looked at by 4 mechanics. It has "not started" 5 times.

I go to start the car, lights, radio, air, all work; the engine gives a short hum, a bunch of clicks and.. nothing.
Tow truck picks it up, drops it off at a shop, and it works just fine. Mechanic, including Ford dealers, say there is nothing they can do if the problem doesn't happen for them.

This last time it was looked at, a mom/pop shop referred me to their local Ford dealer (the 2nd Ford dealer the car has now been to) after having done a little bit of research and speaking to a tech at this dealer themselves.

The Ford dealer kept trying to start the car to see if the issue would occur for them and a couple days in, they called me saying, hey, it happened! No lights, no power, car won't start, battery is throwing codes! We need to replace the battery, it will fix your issue!
My thought is that someone left a light on or a door open and killed the battery, because I never had an issue with the lights, radio, air, windows, etc. AAA also tested the battery and tried to jump the car when they came out.
Ford also said, oh by the way, if you turn the key too fast, the car won't start and you need to take the key out and wait a few minutes. (I've not gotten this to work..)

A few weeks later, it happens again. We pushed up/down and front/back on the car, hoping something was just stuck or movement would get it working. Nothing. But then it started for us the next day.

I had decided to try to sell it to a dealer and be done with it, but the same day I made an appointment, I received a letter from Ford saying that my car's transmission might be a problem child and they have extended my power train warranty to 100k miles.

So, I have also noticed lately that the car shutters/stutters a little when the automatic system is changing gears, which I have read could be part of the transmission issue. The 2nd to last mechanic that researched my issue also said that my not starting issue could be a part of the transmission.

Soooo, long story.. Thoughts?
Will Ford actually be willing to replace the transmission with all of this? Or will the computer have to be throwing codes? Or..?
Is it possible that my issues are in fact stemming from the transmission?

Thank you for any help!!
Could also be an improper ground with the battery. The DCT is affect d by this too. The "shuddering" you feel when the tranny shifts could be one of several things, all of which I would recommend having ford do:
-The gasket in the transmission has begun to leak fluid into the dry clutch area, causing it to rust over time and jerk super hard (happened to mine, replaced for free under warranty)
-One of the shifting motors in the transmission goes bad. This is not covered under warranty but is not too pricey.
-the TCM (Transmission Control Module) developed a crack in one or more of the saulders on its circuit board due to high heat. This is a very pricey fix, and may or may not be under warranty.
-it could also have an improper ground. If you are a DIY type of person and know what you're doing, you can grind down the metal where the battery grounding wire is (the one attached to the negative terminal) and creating better metal-on-metal contact. After you do that, put electrical grease on it to protect it. This is the only thing I would recommend you do yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Fiesta SES. Starting problems like described by others. Clutch was replaced a few months ago along with the computer update at the dealership. No issues for a few weeks, then the starting issues. Changed the starter relay, problem fixed for 2 weeks. Changed the battery, problem fixed for 2 weeks. Changed starter, same. Changed the TPS, same. Grounding straps done. I'm gonna pull the fuse box tomorrow to see what kind of nasty we have under there. I think after that it's going to the dealer. Will update tomorrow. It usually starts from cold just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi sir
I had a problem with new Ford fiesta ac problems when it was driven its automatic ac was heated and again it was automatically blows up cold
Please what can I do for this purpose problem
I check all wiring and ac gas
So sir what I do for this ??

21 - 29 of 29 Posts