Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What features (presented in list form) would you like to see in/on a high-performance Fiesta model, which for sake of this discussion, we'll refer to as the "ST"?

EDIT: I've cleaned up the chatter in this post. Please make posts only as lists of features desired only. We can discuss other issues related to a possible Fiesta ST in another thread. Thanks.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Manual Transmission Only option like before.
Performance Engine, Ecoboost or not.
Control Blade IRS for added tuning options.
Fog Lamps.
Custom one off interior found only on the ST Fiesta, IE lets get those custom racing style seats of the Chinese Fiesta S.
Exclusive ST only style rims found on the ST Fiesta like the Focus.
Couple extra colors not found on other Fiestas, like Electric Orange and Chili Red.
Also a feature found on the Euro ST Focus, the ability to loosen up your steering wheel or tighten it up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just a few thoughts that come to the forefront for me:

• Power to Weight of 18lbs per HP, or better
  • more torque at all engine RPMs
  • owner-accessible ECU parameter tuning
  • 6-spd MT, gear up/down AT shifter (paddles or manumatic)
  • rear disc brakes
  • stiffened suspension in general, full independent rear suspension setup (though this is debatable, given competition in class)
  • larger, lighter, wheels
  • reduced curb weight
  • this should probably be a 3-door only trim
  • DSC off-toggle
Pragmatically, Ford won't build this, will instead point buyers at 2012 Focus. As long as there's a hatchback trim, that's probably OK, though a bummer. I am looking forward to seeing what the aftermarket comes up with for the Fiesta/Mazda2 though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
-rear disc with larger front brakes
-tuned suspension
-front fogs
-ST 17" wheels
-shorter throw shifter
-ecoboost
-recaros would be nice along with a matching interior that isn't offered on the lower models

·
Registered
425 Posts
-Ecoboost engine with 170-200hp
-Disc brakes all around
-6 speed transmission OR flappy paddle option for current dual clutch manual
-Sportier front and rear bumer facias not just a ground effects kit. Basically like what
the SVTF got and not just a kit like the current 3D Carbon kit.
-HID headlamps
-LED tails
-SUPPORTIVE seats. Don't have to be Recaros, just as long as they offer lots of support
and have knobs for adjustment.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
*A 3dr HB option and a 5dr option

*ecoboost engine with around 170 hp

*closer ratio manual tranny (like the one in the European versions)

*ala carte optioning if you are willing to order the car from the factory like is done in Europe...it IS a better way to buy a car.

REAL front fog lamps
A rear fog lamp

for eg.....

seat options
comfort options ( eg heated seats)
safety options

Ultralight 15" wheels

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
...As far as cost, for reference, the SVT Focus had a base price of $17995 in 2002. I don't see a Fiesta ST coming in any less than that.
Hopefully.
Although, granted from my side of the border, I can see a Fiesta pushing $25K CDN. With almost parity exchange rate, I'm paying more than what you folks get.

But it seems everyone that has constructively contributed has had similar ideas. So far, these seem to be the stronger trends:

- A higher performance engine (EcoBoost or not)
- Different styling cues (exterior, interior -- all that may be possible by raiding the Ford parts bins across the entire world)
- Different wheels
- Lowered/stiffened suspension
- Performance manual/manu-matic transmission (via 6 speeds)
- 3-door availability
- Ability to somehow tweak the car further (such as through tuning)

So, keep those suggestions coming :D

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I'd like a SVT Fiesta with EcoBoost, Recaro seats, rear discs, matte black paint.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please keep posts to Lists of items you would like to see only. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
EcoBoost 1.6L with 175 hp approx
Manual transmission, either close ratio 5 or 6 speed
Larger front discs, rear discs
Tuned suspension, lowered with increased roll stiffness
Aggressive front bumper with fog lamps (so I can buy one for my car)
Highly bolstered leather seats
Nice exhaust note
17" wheels with performance summer tires
Rear spoiler
Must be a HATCHBACK

Basically the same formula that was applied to the SVT Focus would be exactly what the Fiesta ST would need. Since I already have a Fiesta, and the ST (if produced) would be out of the question for me, I would be interested in adding the suspension, brakes, and styling peices to my car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can't add much to the debate here. It seems like we all pretty much want the same thing... Personally, I want a fitting replacement to my SVT Focus... Essentially a 2012 Focus SVT, but in the Fiesta form factor.

1.6L EcoBoost with 180 HP and lots of torque.
6 speed manual. Possibly a paddle-shifted PowerShift.
Stronger Brakes (rear discs too)
Sportier suspension (but not too harsh)
Free flowing exhaust and intake
Body kit with aggressive front bumper cover (more euro please) with round headlamps, side skirts, rear diffuser, and a spoiler.
Unique interior upgrades such as better bolstered seats in 2 tone leather or Alcantara.
Fiesta S1600 appearance package - white with blue stripes or blue with white stripes. White wheels included...
NO CHROME!
3-Door, but will accept 5-Door since 3 is not likely
Sticker price < $25,000 for a loaded Fiesta ST.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
It does seem that most of us are on the same page concerning our wish list. I would also assume that our wishes would be closely inline with what Ford would do if something like an ST would be made. The SVT Connie and Focus offer good clues, and both really hit the mark with enthusiasts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Slight revision of my wishes after seeing the Focus ST pics...

Interior should have the same treatment as Focus ST.
Body color seat accents and stitching would be awesome!

Front-end treatment should NOT be like the Focus ST. A slightly smaller opening would be nice. Focus ST looks like it has a giant hole punched in the front bumper cover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts