Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm posting this half in jest but given that today (July 17th) is my car's revised delivery date, originally pushed back from June 15th, and there's no sign of it or any other Fiesta in the Northwest I am allowed to vent :).

Could it be that Ford's just using the Fiesta as an excuse to sell accessories the way that Preston Tucker did back in the '40s? For those of you who only know about the car from the movie Tucker did a lot of underhanded things to try to keep the company afloat one of which was the Tucker Accessories Program where in order to secure a spot on the Tucker waiting list, future buyers could purchase accessories, like seat covers, radio, and luggage, before their car was built (quoted from Wikipedia). Sure seems like the same thing here where Ford is pre-selling a lot of accessories without ever delivering any cars. Hmm, I wonder if there are really only 51 Fiestas out there and the Cuautitlán plant is really just an empty shell? :)

Ok so that's right up there with the Moon-landing conspiracies but at least it would explain why we haven't yet seen our cars. However if I hear that George Lucas or Steven Spielberg has bought a Fiesta I'll be real suspicious :).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
is really just an empty shell? :)

Ok so that's right up there with the Moon-landing conspiracies but at least it would explain why we haven't yet seen our cars. However if I hear that George Lucas or Steven Spielberg has bought a Fiesta I'll be real suspicious :).
I think they are making them OK, but they get shipped to the the Moon first!:rolleyes:

The rail system is just so slow it isn't funny.:( Five or six weeks, should be more like five or six days. A train travels 12 hours a day at 50 mph is 600 miles a day. Six days is 3600 miles. It seems it more like 10 MPH dor a hour a week.

Dan
11 Fiesta built in May, scheduled pick up at deal July 26.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts