Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I couldn't believe it either:

SpeedwayMedia.com, Online Resource For Motorsports Information, NASCAR stats, news, PR's, and more!

YouTube - 2011 Ford Fiesta to Pace NASCAR Field on August 15

What's more it's a sedan, and it has the Focus SVT wheels.

Guess I'll I'll be watching NASCAR Aug. 15.
I am a big NASCAR fan and I can tell you that the race on Aug 15th is at Michigan. It is usually not a very exciting race. If you want to see a good race then tune in on Saturday Aug 21st with the race at Bristol and then you will see a good race.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those rims originally appeared on the 2004 SVT Focus and then got repurposed for the 2009+ SES. They may have changed the center cap, but I assume its the same overall design.

I usually don't watch NASCAR, the Fiesta would be the draw for me. :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Its a different rim, has fifteen instead of 17 spokes if I understand right.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
hmm... why didn't they use a lime squeeze 5-door hatchback??

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Those rims originally appeared on the 2004 SVT Focus and then got repurposed for the 2009+ SES. They may have changed the center cap, but I assume its the same overall design.

I usually don't watch NASCAR, the Fiesta would be the draw for me. :)
Not 100% correct, but close. The multi-spoke wheels first appeared on the SVT EAP edition in 2003. The wheels continued to the 2004 SVT EAP, while the regular SVT went from a 5-spoke wheel patterned after the 00 Cobra R to a 6 spoke wheel. Ford Racing offered the wheel in EAP argent, white, black, and gold. The wheels later showed up on the SES model, but the color is different. The EAP wheel is patterned after the ST170 production wheel, which was the SVT Focus if you lived on the side of the pond that was blessed with the RS.

I am not totally sold on having a Fiesta for a pacecar for a NASCAR event. As proven by the comments on the Ford Racing Facebook page, the average NASCAR fan has a strong dislike for anything that doesn't have 8 cylinders. I find that odd since none of the NASCAR cars have 8 cylinders in production form, but that is another discussion for another time. I think that the event is good exposure for the Fiesta, but just in front of the wrong crowd. I feel that Ford Racing should put more effort into a production based Fiesta rally car for Rally America, something closer to the R2 Fiesta. I know there is far less exposure in the US concerning Rally, but part of the draw of the sport is its underground following. The other thing that bothers me about the Fiesta Pacecar is that it looks fairly boring. Its looks to be a sedan with left over Focus wheels. My Fiesta looks way more exotic than the Pacecar, and that is not right. If you are going to use the Fiesta, then dress it up with some sort of body modifications, add a FSWerks turbo kit, loud exhaust, racing seats, roll cage, and giant brakes. A giant sticker and wheels just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
hmm... why didn't they use a lime squeeze 5-door hatchback??
No offense to you NASCAR fans but had they used a lime squeeze hatch, I would have had to cancel my order. I'd be too embarrassed to own a car associated with NASCAR. :D;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
So is it SVT or SES?

Here I go again with the confusion over EAP's vs. SES's. Here's what I think I know:

1) The SES's are called "dark stainless" on a 2010 Focus SES. I've also heard them called "dark chrome".

2) The EAP's are called "dark argent".

3) The SES's are darker than the EAP's.

4) The center caps are NOT interchangeable.

In MY opinion, the wheels on the pitiful excuse for a pace car almost seem bright silver, even polished/machined. Soooooo....

Are those the dark SES's, the lighter(but still dark?) SVT's, or possibly a set of one-off specials for the pace car? Maybe the lighting makes them look brighter, but they look awesome to me.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I find that odd since none of the NASCAR cars have 8 cylinders in production form, but that is another discussion for another time.
Not exactly true the NASCAR Nationwide series,which is the series that run the day before the Cup series, will run three more races this year with Ford running the Mustang and Dodge running the Challenger. They ran the first race this year using these body styles at Daytona in July. Then next year all the races in Nationwide series will be run with these body styles. Chevy is still going to use the Impala instead of the Camaro for some reason and Toyota is still going to use the Camry.
And then you also have the NASCAR Camping World truck series which all brands have V8 engines available in their trucks
Dodge, Ford hope new cars mark return to NASCAR roots | NASCAR Nationwide Series

1 - 12 of 12 Posts