Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I purchased a 2015 Fiesta about five months ago and a few months in, I had an incident in which I tried to start my car and everything worked but the engine. Additionally, I wasn't able to switch out of P even with the key turned, however, the lights, AC, radio, fuel pump, fuel gauge, and everything else would turn on. Not sure how I fixed it, but I messed with the fuses and eventually the engine would start. This has happened several times since then and I've done the same thing each time to fix it as I haven't had the money to see a mechanic. It's been getting more frequent and today it happened but once I was able to fix it, the transmission (I think?) would slip every time I stepped on the gas. I had to drive it to a parking spot without using the accelerator. Additionally, the center screen says "Hill Assist Not Available" every time I try to start it, and the traction control, check engine, and a few other warning lights come on. I'm not sure what's wrong with it and would appreciate it if anyone could give insight into the problem who knows things about Fiestas or has had this problem themselves. Thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Which fuses are you messing with that the car will start? Early Fiestas had fusebox corrosion under the hood that caused all sorts of strange problems that eventually came under recall to clean the fuses, add a protective grease, and replace any fuses or relays that were damaged. Have you looked at the fusebox under the hood and see what kind of condition it's in? Or are they the fuses under the dash or behind the glove compartment?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which fuses are you messing with that the car will start? Early Fiestas had fusebox corrosion under the hood that caused all sorts of strange problems that eventually came under recall to clean the fuses, add a protective grease, and replace any fuses or relays that were damaged. Have you looked at the fusebox under the hood and see what kind of condition it's in? Or are they the fuses under the dash or behind the glove compartment?
Thanks, Donald!
I was messing with the fuse associated with the transmission under the hood. My car is from 2015 and the fuse box doesn't appear to be in bad shape? I'll check out the recall for the fuses, thanks for the advice!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 and had a fuse box issue - corroded fuses that pulled out in pieces. It could be corrosion on the fuse box or an issue with the trans controller. That's a huge issue with these cars, as we all know.
I kept mine going for over 80k miles with a cheap OBDII scanner that allowed me to reset the trans codes in the controller. Since then I've replaced the controller and don't have an issue anymore.
Because the computer does not see the controller, or what gear it's in, it won't allow the engine to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts