Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok finally got over 2600 miles on the duallie clutch.
sailing along at 75 mph getting 40.7 mpg according to scanguage 2
Now drop speed to 65 and mpg kicks to 41.8 .too bad the numbers arent flipped, get killed round here doing the six is .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man, air resistance is a drag. :) The faster you drive the vehicle beyond around 55-60mph, barring a tailwind, the more of your fuel will be spent fighting the effects of drag.

I seem to recall reading the 2011 Fiesta's coefficient of drag is 0.33, which is pretty okay, probably a lot better than my 93 Ford Festiva's (looked but couldn't find numbers, but it was almost certainly higher than the Aspire's 0.36). I remember being able to tailgate a tractor trailer (not recommended, for obvious safety reasons), move the stick shifter to neutral, and get dragged along at highway speed by suction alone, whereas leaving the draft was palpable, with wind noise and drag pushing back noticeably.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The gas mileage is awesome

Try this: When at highway speeds (60 - 65 MPH), reset your MPG monitor and see how long you can keep it between 45 & 52 MPG!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lucky you! I've got 1200 miles and am averaging only 31 mpg,combined. , but I have the A/C going all the time here in South Texas.

·
Registered
839 Posts
First Mileage Update: odometer-400 miles, average speed-23 MPH, average fuel mileage-36.0 MPG, for all city-suburban driving in SE Wisconsin (A/C on one day).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 400 miles on mine but it gets only 19mpg! And it's in the shop for the second time with oil leaks! :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
36.7 mpg with average speed at 32 mph. No hwy yet so I'm expecting over 40 mpg then. Mine is the SES hatch with the automatic. Love it so far at 901 miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
45 mile commute each way. I've had as high as 43.2 and as low as 38.7. 38.7 was the first tank and 43.2 was the second. Just got 42 on the last tank and I have just over 2500 miles on the odometer. What's great is that with Atlanta traffic my highway miles are anything but non-stop and I'm still getting great mileage. This is all manual calculations too by the way not the built in computer. I've found the computer to generally be within 2% so I'll probably abandon the manual calculations.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I Drive pretty conservative, so i have no problems at all breaking 42-43 MPG on the tank.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your true average is when you don't ever reset the counter. If you do reset it, you'll see your mileage shoot up, but that's just for those few trips until your mileage really starts to average up. I've left mine alone for the last week and am steady at 29-30 mpg and that's a good mix of city stop lights and highway daily.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your true average is when you don't ever reset the counter. If you do reset it, you'll see your mileage shoot up, but that's just for those few trips until your mileage really starts to average up. I've left mine alone for the last week and am steady at 29-30 mpg and that's a good mix of city stop lights and highway daily.
Apples to oranges, if I manually calculate fuel mileage every time I fill up and then add up all the miles driven by gallons put in that's the same thing. Besides, resetting the counter allows you to see how different driving styles, routes, or conditions affect your mileage.

Most of us are interested in knowing how we did on the last tank of gas. By resetting it each time it makes it very easy to catch problems early. If I suddenly start getting 35mpg and my driving habits haven't changed I'll know something may be up after a tank.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Apples to oranges, if I manually calculate fuel mileage every time I fill up and then add up all the miles driven by gallons put in that's the same thing. Besides, resetting the counter allows you to see how different driving styles, routes, or conditions affect your mileage.

Most of us are interested in knowing how we did on the last tank of gas. By resetting it each time it makes it very easy to catch problems early. If I suddenly start getting 35mpg and my driving habits haven't changed I'll know something may be up after a tank.
^ This. Exactly. ^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts