Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from what I've read here people have installed LED turn signals using load resistors. The superbrightlights page says the preferred method is to replace the flasher relay. So my question is does the fiesta actually have a flasher relay? I've looked through the manual on the fuse pages and can't find anything.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just looking at fuse boxes, here's the interior fuses. Is the relay the large box?

[/url]

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Its in the Passenger compartment fuse panel and are designated as R2 & R3. The fuses are 10 amp and labeled as F18
The fuse panel is located behind the glove box. See page 256, 257, 258, & 259.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really wish I understood wiring more but, now I have a new question. Why are these spaces currently unused here's a close up (sorry it's hard to get a good picture in the glove box area).

R2 &3 are the two white spaces in the upper right.

[/url]

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
There could be number of reasons why there are unused fuse holders. I'm only guessing here but these could be some reasons why.
Your vehicle does not use certain options. The same fuse box is used on other vehicles. The fuse box may be made for future options not yet ready for production. The fuse box is molded by a third part manufactures that might sell the same configuration to another auto manufacturer. Changed made during production causes certain features to be taken out. If you can see electrical connections in the molding then most likely it's for an option that you don't have. You can try using a multi-meter and see if you have a voltage reading from any of them. If so you can use it as power source for anything you want to add. Sometimes they might be ignition controlled.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks again Norm but I worded my question poorly. I was specifically asking about R2 & 3. I can't see why the turn signal relay spaces are open. I mean turn signals are not exactly optional :). So if it only has these turn signal relay spaces because it's a generic box, how are the turn signals actually working?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Thanks again Norm but I worded my question poorly. I was specifically asking about R2 & 3. I can't see why the turn signal relay spaces are open. I mean turn signals are not exactly optional :).
Hmmm...I have not physically looked at mine, but this surprises me. Are you still looking at the under hood fuse box? According to the manual R2 & R3 are not used. But the in cab behind glove box should be there. Also I don't understand why they are labeled separately for right and left. All previous cars I've owned always had a single flasher and turn signal relay. If my back wasn't hurting, I'd go out and pull open both fuse boxes. But I'll save that for another day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it confuses the heck out of me too. I am looking at the glove box fuse panel (thats why the pictures have been so hard to take).

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Turn on your signal light, if the signal light sound comes from it, it's the relay. At least that's how they worked on my old fords...
<sidebar>
My old '98 Malibu had the relay in the hazard flasher button, of all places :confused:
</sidebar>

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Have you looked in the junction box under the hood? Some makers refer to it as the power distribution center. There are some fuses and relays there for circuits.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The definitive answer is…
There is NO FLASHER RELAY.
This task is performed by the BCM.
It sends the on/off signal to the correct bulbs at a rate of approximately 75 flashes per minuet.
If a bulb is missing or burned out the signal is sent to the remaining bulbs at approximately 150 flashes per minuet.

Now here is the answer I got Ford.

When in the future specific LEDs are approved by Ford as replacements there MAY be a BCM software update.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its in the Passenger compartment fuse panel and are designated as R2 & R3. The fuses are 10 amp and labeled as F18
The fuse panel is located behind the glove box. See page 256, 257, 258, & 259.

On my 2016 fiesta, F18 is not used, R1 and R2 also not used? I simply cannot find an answer as to where the relay or fuse is. Please help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts