Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was mentioned in another thread but seems important enough to warrant its own. It may be impacting a lot of us here waiting for our built Fiestas to make their way to their new homes.

Floods close Mexican rail lines, disrupting chem traffic

"On Wednesday, three of Union Pacific’s railroad crossings – at Brownsville, Eagle Pass and Laredo, Texas – were reported closed because of flooding and washouts caused by Alex, according to Raquel Espinoza, spokeswoman for the railroad company."

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have a request for status update into my dealer (and I forwarded him the Ford link on this). Hopefully they will be able to find out more details soon.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Fiestas designated for the Midwest will be diverted from Cuautitlan to Hermosillo for re-distribution to the Midwest states. At a minimum, this will increase Fiesta delivery times to the Midwest ramps by 13 days.

Oh, only 13 days.

Then ..

Once the line is reinstated, these cars will continue on into the United States. The delay of these cars is expected to be approximately two weeks.

Ouch, 2 weeks?!!

(well, that's only 1 day more than 13 days you guys!) ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just received this.....

July 9, 2010

Dear KCSM and KCSR Customers:

KCSM main line reopening over the weekend; Rain fall and restoration efforts continue

The hard work and determination of many individuals to reopen the KCSM main line is expected to become a reality over the weekend. The recovery plan has been in full force for over a week and we have the equipment, materials, and the workforce in place to begin the process of restoring service to our customers.

It is important to note that the KCSM main lines throughout Mexico have been cleared of any derailments that would impede our ability to reopen at this time.
The largest remaining obstacles to overcome at this time are the continuing rainfall, high water levels around our track, and the completion of work on any new washed out sections. Equipment and materials are staged near expected work areas, so we are ready to complete the work as quickly as possible.

As mentioned in earlier customer communications, we appreciate your patience during the outage caused by Hurricane Alex. The force majeure and the embargo situations at Laredo, Matamoros, and Monterrey will remain in place as we continue to reopen the network. Once the main line reopens, it will take approximately two weeks to clear all the trains that have been parked due to the service disruption.

We will continue providing customers with regular updates until service has returned to normal. Please continue to direct questions to KCSM at 0-1-800-849-6145 (from Mexico) or 1-888-812-9512 (from the U.S.) or KCSR at 1-800-468-6527 or [email protected]

Sincerely,

Patrick Ottensmeyer
Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing
Kansas City Southern

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
FINALLY, a good, concise, believable explanation for the delays. This is the kind of communication I was looking for.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Now the question remains as to whether there were any cars damaged due to the storm or the above-mentioned derailments . . . . . :eek:

·
Registered
413 Posts
My Fiesta was routed through Nogales even though I live in the Kansas City metro area. We consider ourselves to be in the mid-west. And it would have been many fewer miles if it had been sent on KCSouthern rather than the way it was actually routed. It took 2 weeks to get to Nogales, MX and 11 more days to get here on Union Pacific.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just received this.....

July 9, 2010

Dear KCSM and KCSR Customers:

KCSM main line reopening over the weekend; Rain fall and restoration efforts continue

The hard work and determination of many individuals to reopen the KCSM main line is expected to become a reality over the weekend. The recovery plan has been in full force for over a week and we have the equipment, materials, and the workforce in place to begin the process of restoring service to our customers.

It is important to note that the KCSM main lines throughout Mexico have been cleared of any derailments that would impede our ability to reopen at this time.
The largest remaining obstacles to overcome at this time are the continuing rainfall, high water levels around our track, and the completion of work on any new washed out sections. Equipment and materials are staged near expected work areas, so we are ready to complete the work as quickly as possible.

As mentioned in earlier customer communications, we appreciate your patience during the outage caused by Hurricane Alex. The force majeure and the embargo situations at Laredo, Matamoros, and Monterrey will remain in place as we continue to reopen the network. Once the main line reopens, it will take approximately two weeks to clear all the trains that have been parked due to the service disruption.

We will continue providing customers with regular updates until service has returned to normal. Please continue to direct questions to KCSM at 0-1-800-849-6145 (from Mexico) or 1-888-812-9512 (from the U.S.) or KCSR at 1-800-468-6527 or [email protected]

Sincerely,

Patrick Ottensmeyer
Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing
Kansas City Southern
Mine must be on there because my salesman just emailed me and told me my car is on the move!!?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dropping phrases like "force majeure" in the middle of shipping notices totally turns me on. Take note, Ford.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Nogales Arizona - Noglaes Mexico

Mine was in Nogales this morning, but as of this afternoon was in Arizona. I take this as a good sign!
These are border cities.....the train will head north to Tucson, and then turn east thru....texas and up thru Arkansas.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow, Ford Fiesta's Facebook page has a lot of great stuff on there. There's a photo of some of the washed out train tracks in Mexico affecting the delivery of the Fiestas (or so the Poster says).

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Wow, Ford Fiesta's Facebook page has a lot of great stuff on there. There's a photo of some of the washed out train tracks in Mexico affecting the delivery of the Fiestas (or so the Poster says).
Silver lining; With the tracks washed out and production having to slow down, at least they should have time to finally inspect all our cars. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Now that mine is on a boat, I have no idea how long it will be until my car gets here. Is there a specific place it goes on the east coast to get off the boat and then onto a truck or another train or whatever?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts