Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we hear all of the crabbing about how cramped the back seat of the Fiesta is and I just want to say it's really not. Even if you are a bit "fluffier" like me, I am 5'9" 250 lbs. I have now ridden in the back seat of the Fiesta 2x and yes for the most part the drives were not very long, one only 5 min and the one today was like 20 min, but they were not bad.

Picasa Web Albums - Tanya Ratelle - Fiesta

·
Registered
206 Posts
If the driver and passenger have their seats pushed back a ridiculous amount, then the back seat will be cramped. When I first got mine, I looked in the back seat and was a little disappointed by the lack of space. But then I adjusted both the driver and passenger seats to a reasonable distance and the backseat was actually fairly comfortable to me and would be for most other people. Because there is a little less room for maneuvering to get in and out, it could be a problem for the elderly or handicapped.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
What do I care, I ride in the driver's seat.:eek:

Well it is the smallest Ford you can get in the U.S. so small. If it is just OK, that's better than what we have a right to expect. Some little cars have more chair height seats which helps with the room, but it also makes for a taller car and may reduce highway MPG. Also, the styling suffers with the tall roof.

Fiesta time is Monday!:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think the test is how you would feel if you were in the car so long you wanted to change positions. The front seat drivers can stretch their legs and slouch, or pull their legs in and straighten up, or cross their legs and turn their bodies, but the back seat driver cant really do anything but sit straight up, legs bent at 90 degrees and pointing straight ahead, as if having tea with the Queen of England.

So 5 to 20 minutes sounds about right, and 1 hour sounds like mutiny.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Runt boy

I'm 5-10 & I've got short legs but I'm long in the torso so the leg room in back is decent, but my head is brushing against the headliner in the back seats. My car has a moonroof which I'm guessing robs a couple of inches (there is an indent where you head goes). Haven't been in a Fiesta without a moonroof to compare. Anyway the back seat is better then what I had in the Integra or a 2000 Mercury Cougar.

If I could have redesigned anything on the car, I would have had the sunroof pop up & slide back like the Integra or the Mini Cooper. I'm guessing that would have added enough headroom to the back seat to make if feel more roomy. I'd still order the moonroof again because I have no problems up front.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think the test is how you would feel if you were in the car so long you wanted to change positions. The front seat drivers can stretch their legs and slouch, or pull their legs in and straighten up, or cross their legs and turn their bodies, but the back seat driver cant really do anything but sit straight up, legs bent at 90 degrees and pointing straight ahead, as if having tea with the Queen of England.

So 5 to 20 minutes sounds about right, and 1 hour sounds like mutiny.
You been riding with my son haven't you?!?!?! LOL!!

He's always like, "Step on it Daddy!"

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think even after 1 hour it would of been OK too as long as there was good music on the radio and no one else with me in the back seat. My hubby and I then switched and he sat in the back while I drove and he said it wasn't bad either. He actually choose to sit behind me while i was driving and I like to have my seat all of the way back.

I also really like the front seats too. They are so comfy.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You been riding with my son haven't you?!?!?! LOL!!

He's always like, "Step on it Daddy!"
Ha! I guess even subconsciously I believe the only reason a person would be in a car is to drive it. :D

At least y'all read my comments, right. :p

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't backseat drive I just criticize especially if you're more into other things than paying attention to the road. Though I'm nasty enough to criticize my own driving, ask my wife she finds it funny I yell at myself while driving. I have almost 35 inch legs and so back seats tend to be rather annoying for me since people like to put their seats all the way back. Normally I prefer short people upfront so they can put the seat up, thats one thing I am big about in my car. I actually do sit closer to the front of the car than the back because its easier on my legs and its polite to passengers in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts