Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I spoke to my dad about the idea of a sealed transmission because he known more about car bits than me. He said it probably requires they replace the whole thing and that it'll go beyond their suggested lifetime. I plan to keep my Fiesta about 6-7 years, so I don't know that I'll even get to 150k.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Replace the fluid immediately after the warranty expires...I would try and do it at 35k though .

·
Banned
528 Posts
From a previous thread...posted by LMT....

I just checked the service manual and the automatic powershift trans has a drain plug and a fill plug just like a manual trans or rear differential. There really isn't anything difficult or that requires any special tools just special fluid which is 1.8 quarts of Motorcraft® Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid
part # XT-11-QDC and lube spec of WSS-M2C200-D2 or filled to the bottom edge of the fill hole. I don't have a price for the fluid yet but I am sure that for 2 quarts it can't be that bad compared to 6 to 16 quarts for any other trans service.

Posted previously in a different thread by LMT...

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just checked the service manual and the automatic powershift trans has a drain plug and a fill plug just like a manual trans or rear differential. There really isn't anything difficult or that requires any special tools just special fluid which is 1.8 quarts of Motorcraft® Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid
part # XT-11-QDC and lube spec of WSS-M2C200-D2 or filled to the bottom edge of the fill hole. I don't have a price for the fluid yet but I am sure that for 2 quarts it can't be that bad compared to 6 to 16 quarts for any other trans service.

Posted previously in a different thread by LMT...
I thought that looked familiar.:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Because the clutches themselves are dry, its fundamentally no different than a manual transaxle from a lubrication standpoint. Honda CVT's (a completely different kind of transmission) use wet clutches and and are known for problems. Im surprised that there is a special Ford fluid spec. No, I wouldnt wait 150k. I would change it right BEFORE the warranty expires in case something goes wrong immediately after the fluid change.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It would be easy enough to drain, but it might be a pain to fill. You can see the fill plug thru the left wheel well, but it appears to be boxed in.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
No, I wouldnt wait 150k. I would change it right BEFORE the warranty expires in case something goes wrong immediately after the fluid change.
Hmm, that does sounds like a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts