Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
iPhone compatibility not until next year, they just need to make sure the iPhone works with SYNC (headache from what I've read).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Prepare for the Media onslought folks. Some of you folks know I work for Blue Oval Motors so first have to say that my posts are my individual opinion and not an official company statement.

A whole lot of info on the Fiesta can be found at the following links:

Ford Media site with Fiesta specs: THE NEW 2011 FORD FIESTA | Ford Motor Company Newsroom recommend looking at NVH and TiVCT details

:cool: Sync capable of driving phone Apps: SYNC APPLINK TO LAUNCH ON 2011 FIESTA, MAKING FORD FIRST TO DELIVER VOICE CONTROL OF SMARTPHONE APPS | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

Drives with the Media are underway this week, media blackout will lift at midnight Sunday so Monday will be a lot of reviews to feed the masses. :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It is kinda weird with test drive reviews coming out 5 months AFTER I paid the deposit (although I did drive the Euro version). Last two cars I bought had been out years before I bought them. Anyway I'm so in love with the engineering and styling of the Fiesta and just what it stands for* it would take a really crappy review to make me back out of my order.

Ford Fiesta: cheap car, honest soul. It's already been the catalyst of friendships. It's meaningful. - Adam Barrera, Highmileage.org
#Fiesta Rainbow! on Twitpic

·
Registered
984 Posts
iPhone compatibility not until next year, they just need to make sure the iPhone works with SYNC (headache from what I've read).
As long as the SYNC systems basics haven't changed the iPhone is compatible with it and is actually very easy to sync to the system. The APPLINK feature is new so I can't tell you more than I have read on here but I am sure that it will just be a simple upgrade that is done through SYNCMYRIDE.com.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Prepare for the Media onslought folks. Some of you folks know I work for Blue Oval Motors so first have to say that my posts are my individual opinion and not an official company statement.

A whole lot of info on the Fiesta can be found at the following links:

Ford Media site with Fiesta specs: THE NEW 2011 FORD FIESTA | Ford Motor Company Newsroom recommend looking at NVH and TiVCT details

:cool: Sync capable of driving phone Apps: SYNC APPLINK TO LAUNCH ON 2011 FIESTA, MAKING FORD FIRST TO DELIVER VOICE CONTROL OF SMARTPHONE APPS | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

Drives with the Media are underway this week, media blackout will lift at midnight Sunday so Monday will be a lot of reviews to feed the masses. :D
Lot's of good information there. I was just at the former link you listed last week and there is quite a bit of new info to go through now. Cool stuff.:)

I'm looking forward to reading the reviews next week.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Frankly while this stuff is a nice gimmick it could be a safety hazard in that it adds to driver distraction. Human nature being what it is you KNOW folks are going to be multitasking while driving and I'm not at all glad about that.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Frankly while this stuff is a nice gimmick it could be a safety hazard in that it adds to driver distraction. Human nature being what it is you KNOW folks are going to be multitasking while driving and I'm not at all glad about that.
Considering how much of the stuff is voice-activated it may not be as bad as you think. Personally when I get a Fiesta, SYNC will be a must-have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Considering how much of the stuff is voice-activated it may not be as bad as you think. Personally when I get a Fiesta, SYNC will be a must-have.
People are going to do these things while they drive, regardless. That's been proven. The manufacturers are all working on designs that make it less distracting to operate cell phones and music players while you drive. When car radios first started to appear, there were many who wanted to make them illegal due to potential driver distraction issues. I'm thankful that movement didn't gain traction long ago. If the SYNC voice commands work well, I'm all for it (for Pandora, anyway--I have no desire to "Tweet" or listen to others' tweets).

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I know this is not how its intended to be used, but I think setting up the car to read "tweets" during a WRC event or leMans would be great. I could care less about what a lot of people do, but getting split times during a race/rally would be awesome!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know this is not how its intended to be used, but I think setting up the car to read "tweets" during a WRC event or leMans would be great. I could care less about what a lot of people do, but getting split times during a race/rally would be awesome!
Good idea! I hadn't thought of that before, but it could be a bit like radio coverage of events like that.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Exactly! It would be like listening to a radio broadcast of a race. Sirius carries some F1 and endurance events, but zero WRC or RA. You could be in your Fiesta, and be getting updates on split times on Ken Blocks RA Fiesta or on how the MSport S2000 Fiesta's are performing in a WRC event. You could get F1 qualifying times sent to your car. I may really learn to like the new infotainment stuff. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts