Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess it's official....we have begged, pleaded...given our vin's called corporate....talked until we were so blue in the face that we looked like Smurf's...

I guess those of us who don't have access because our vin is "invalid" will never, ever...ever get access.
:mad:

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
It is my understanding that each person's VIN needs to be entered into an online database by the dealer at the time of purchase.

My guess on why this is happening is because of:

1. The dealer is forgetting to enter it.

2. The dealer doesn't know to enter it.

Number one would be the dealer's fault for not following through, whereas number two could be Ford's fault for not properly training the dealers. However, I've been told that the dealers have been trained on the procedure. Not to disparage any dealers/salesmen, but it probably isn't high on their list of priorities.

I've made the team involved with the program aware that VINs are coming back invalid. And, they assured me that if the dealer actives your VIN in the system it should work.

Some of you have forwarded me your names and dealership names (which you can still do by the way, if you haven't). I've passed these on to the people that are responsible for developing the software. They said that they would contact the dealers and let them know that they have to do this… i.e. reiterate what they were supposedly told about in training.

There is obviously a few points in the chain where this procedure might break, or slow down.

I will do my best to find out what the sticking points are, and what you all might expect.

I will say that the "Community" part of the software will send you here. But, you've already found us by yourself. ;) But, we are concerned that those new buyers that haven't stumbled upon the Faction on their own may never find us if their software doesn't allow them to access the application.

So, you can rest assured that we will be doing all we can to try and make sure that it all gets ironed out. However, we were just the lucky site that was chosen to be the 'enthusiast destination' for all new Fiesta owners. Beyond that, we don't have any real power to make things happen. We can only pass along information and issues.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The dealership is the one who handles that. For the thumb drive to work, the VIN has to be entered correctly. Not fat-fingering allowed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts