Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the big thermostat on the side of the motor. The dealer says their is one on the back of the motor. I see something above the alternator. Anyone replaced both and know where the 2nd thermostat is. I don't have the part yet. Trying to see where the old one is. It's the part circled . $35 from the ford dealer. I repaced the other thermostat and made a video.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got the thermostat off. It wasnt like the other videos ive seen. my alternator just had 2 bolts holding it on. and mine doesnt have a stretch belt. mine has a auto tensioner with a t40 torx bolt. I removed probably more parts than necessary to get to it. but I replaced the other thermostat. mine is a 2015 1.0 liter eco boost.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also replaced the coolant tank. it was dirty. motorcraft stopped making orange coolant. I replaced it with motorcraft yellow. I reset the check engine light, and so far the light hasnt came back on. thats after replacing both thermostats. not sure which one was bad. but Im pretty sure it was the thermostat near the turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts