Fiesta Faction banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Over the past two days I have I have noticed my kms to empty read out has been dropping like a rock! There are not error lights and no puddles of fuel under my car. Anyone know why this would happen out of the blue? I really have no idea.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Over the past two days I have I have noticed my kms to empty read out has been dropping like a rock! There are not error lights and no puddles of fuel under my car...
Hi hydeco,

Have you taken the vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis? I highly recommend doing so as they are in the best position to assist. For questions within my scope, do not hesitate to ask. :cool:

Kwasi

·
Registered
121 Posts
I will be taking it in in a week or so for an oil change and I will mention to them. It might just be just me, all in my head, being super vigilant with the high gas prices lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
...I have over 48,000 miles on my 2011 Fiesta and have averaged 36.5 mpg with roughly a 60/40 city/highway split. I've only gone under 30 mpg on a tank once or twice (in the winter due in part to slower city traffic speeds and excessive idling to keep the interior warm).

UPDATE: At 66,630 miles, and after having had to drive the 2011 SES during the winter months for the first time, my average is at 35.6 mpg with a 56/44 city/highway split. For comparison purposes, I've driven my ST 11,200 miles in the past six months averaging 30.4 mpg in 66/34 city/highway driving.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Lifetime average over 65k miles is 39.81. Most of those miles are on snow tires (Minnesota). Saved over $2600 in fuel costs when compared to my Protege5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Just bought my fiesta 1.5L 2014. had it for 8 months now. I get 6.5km/L city driving and 17km/L highway. Is there something wrong with my car? It's like gulping up my gas. I have talked with the dealer and they diagnosed it with a computer and they said they can't find anything wrong with the car. Is my unit defective?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
It gets better over time. I was concerned about low MPG (for me) - in the 30s average - until this weekend. I had to take a fast run from home to the Catskills and back. Racked up a 44.88 MPG reading after fillup this morning. That's an all-time best for a total of 4 Fiestas I've owned (including the 2 current ones).

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I have my own database for each car to log all costs. I can derive cost/mile (with or without purchase price), miles/day, low/average/high MPG and more. Separate reports for mods, service, fueling, etc.

I derive all MPG from the gas receipts - never rely on the car computer.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I have my own database for each car to log all costs. I can derive cost/mile (with or without purchase price), miles/day, low/average/high MPG and more. Separate reports for mods, service, fueling, etc.

I derive all MPG from the gas receipts - never rely on the car computer.
I do something similar in a spreadsheet on my computer. I keep a notepad in my glovebox and jot down mileage, gallons, cost per gallon and the date, then transfer that to my computer every couple of months.

I hate phones and don't carry one. ;)

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I write the odometer, trip and computer MPG on the receipt and then enter it as soon as I can when I get home. I note the car MPG only to see what the variance is between actual and car as an average. I'll be altering my database to supply that shortly. All mod, fuel and service items have comments section, and for fuel I can track trips simply by the location where I tanked up.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It's interesting keeping track of all car related expenses because it really adds up. My last car, which I kept for 9 years, had total expenditures of about $50k. It was a $19k car. Fuel and insurance were the top for expenses.

As long as the Fiesta doesn't start eating transmission and clutch components, it should cost considerably less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a new ford fiesta 1.6 powershift, has around 350 miles on the clock. im averaging only 17-20 mpg.. should i be concerned that there is something wrong with my car? your feedbacks are greatly appreciated.. im starting to worry..

I have a 2015 Ford fiesta SE Automatic
And mines getting 300 on the clock with full tank.
My MPG is showing 19MPG....
Although I never get 300 miles on a full tank as claimed by miles remaining. I tend to only get 250 Miles on milageage reset.
So I'm getting 18-20 mpg

All I got to say is hey join the club. My 96 talon gets 35 mpg and it's highly modified.
This car sucks fast cause RPMs go high to barely move

21 - 34 of 34 Posts