Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Apologies for this being my first post, I feel like tearing my hair out!

I own a Ford Fiesta, 1.6 Titanium (Diesel) which has been, over the last year, a complete nightmare, it doesn't seem to want to start in the cold, so the first garage gave up, the second was appalling and fitted a new fuel pump (it took them 6 months) and the third said the problem was the glowplugs, hence not starting in the cold and changed them.

However, I was going to work on Saturday morning (temp = 5c not too cold) and the blasted thing didn't start again!

I have called them up and they now think it could be the injectors! Argh.

When we first called the AA out, the mechanic said it was the ECU and to get it fixed before winter, no seems to agree with that statement and so keep trying other things. We wiggle some wires in the engine and it seems to work again. Pot luck?

Is it a matter of something simple, or not worth bothering anymore?

See videos attached here - IMG_3701
IMG_3702 2

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I look forward to hearing from anyone! Thank you so much!

Very best wishes

G

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know too much about diesels, especially since we don't have them here in the US, but it sounds like something in the ignition system is causing it, at least from what the previous shops were saying.

You said they did change the glow plugs? Are the wires connected correctly? Do they look like they are degrading at all?

Are you also giving the plugs enough time to warm up? My only experience with a diesel was an old Mercedes, and it needed some time for the plugs to warm up before it would start.

Did you check the air or fuel filters to see if anything is blocking them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts