Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to buy a Good Car Cover for the Fiesta at a Reasonable price?

We only have a 1 car garage so the Fiesta will have to spend sometime outside this winter.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I ended up ordering the "Official" Car Cover from my Ford Dealership. It's pricey but it fits perfectly and it has pockets for the Mirrors and the Antenna. It's the only Car Cover that I could find that has an Antenna Pocket. All the other ones said to remove the antenna which isn't something that I want to do every day in the winter.

·
Registered
728 Posts
So I ended up ordering the "Official" Car Cover from my Ford Dealership. It's pricey but it fits perfectly and it has pockets for the Mirrors and the Antenna. It's the only Car Cover that I could find that has an Antenna Pocket. All the other ones said to remove the antenna which isn't something that I want to do every day in the winter.
Contemplating getting one when my car arrives.
If you have an hatch, does it seem like there's room for the Euro spoiler?

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is a cover from Autosport, made by covercraft. This car has the Eurospoiler. Custom fit car covers are necessary when a car is covered outdoors regularly. Poorly fitting cheap car covers flap in the wind, get stuff under them and wear out prematurely. Trust me, I tried the cheap way many times since using them from the 80's. Custom fit is well worth the cost. The one in this pic is a weather shield. They're warranted for 4 years, and I have had to have them replaced, they do so with no charge and no hassle. Just the time you have to deal without one while you send the bad one back.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Contemplating getting one when my car arrives.
If you have an hatch, does it seem like there's room for the Euro spoiler?
How much bigger is the Euro spoiler? The cover fits pretty tight/snug so I'd be surprised if it still fit properly.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Not to hijack your thread but im curious if anyone has any experience with 'Hail Car Covers/Blankets' ?

I use to laugh at people with new cars looking for car shelters in a car storm as I drive my beat up 94 F150... Now that I am driving my fiesta I am looking for protection for the inevetiable....

Do they work? Pros? Cons?

Quick search took me to HailBlankets - The Ultimate Car Cover and for an 2011 Fiesta SES Tan Colored 'hail blanket' the cost comes to around $310.00.... Would love to have it though just incase!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Ford car cover is a rebranded Covercraft one which Rodewaryer posted a pic of his with above including the Euro spoiler so I would guess it does fit.
I have that cover and it barely fits my regular SES. It's a really tight fit.

·
Registered
728 Posts
That's weird that they would make two different cuts. Can you show a pic of yours with he cover on like Rodewaryer did?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not sure what the debate is about, that pic from before is actually of two covers, there's a tan flannel fabric cover under the weathershield cover that you see. They both fit with the Euro spoiler, it pulls up the rear diffuser a little but not enough to be a deal breaker by any means.

Yeah, I know, a whole new bucket of worms is opened now. Why two covers right? Tan flannel is much friendlier to the paint and never gets dirty since the weathershield does all the protecting and keeps the inner cover protected/clean. I don't like just covering with the weathershield as the inside lining is less paint friendly and condensation can form on it. Whatever your view, my method works and has done so for many years, I wear out the outer covers eventually, but never the tan flannel underneath. The inner cover for my Focus is like 10yrs old now...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Not sure what the debate is about, that pic from before is actually of two covers, there's a tan flannel fabric cover under the weathershield cover that you see. They both fit with the Euro spoiler, it pulls up the rear diffuser a little but not enough to be a deal breaker by any means.

Yeah, I know, a whole new bucket of worms is opened now. Why two covers right? Tan flannel is much friendlier to the paint and never gets dirty since the weathershield does all the protecting and keeps the inner cover protected/clean. I don't like just covering with the weathershield as the inside lining is less paint friendly and condensation can form on it. Whatever your view, my method works and has done so for many years, I wear out the outer covers eventually, but never the tan flannel underneath. The inner cover for my Focus is like 10yrs old now...
Where did you find the flannel cover?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts