Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to provide quick results for new models then track the cars closely as they age.

I'd like to have reliability stats for the new Fiesta well ahead of any other source, like we've done for many other cars--just a matter of getting enough owners involved.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Fiesta, for free.

To help make this happen:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
341 Posts
Very interesting! I noticed at signup, you don't mentio any of the fiesta forums in the dropdown. Fiestafaction (here) Fiestamotoring.com, fiestaforums and fordfiestaforum.com all come to mind.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for signing up. If a few more owners sign up I'll start the Fiesta in the survey next month.

I'd love to refer site visitors to this forum. All I need is an okay from an admin or senior mod.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. A few more owners signed up, so the Fiesta will be included in the survey when the emails for it next go out.

We will need more participants to provide results. Could have some as soon as November, though February is more likely.

To help make this happen:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks for bringing this thread back to the front page because when I got mine I wanted to sign up but couldn't remember what the name of it was and I didn't feel like going thru a bunch of old threads to find it. I did sign mine up and think that you should add FiestaFaction to the list of forums that you have as a choice for the forums visited question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would just like to say that Michael is a real stand-up guy, and his site is amazing. I have no connection to him, other than the fact that I have signed my last two cars up for his site, but it is really cool to just surf around his site. I would strongly recommend everyone signing up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I appreciate it.

So far we have about half as many survey responses as we'll need to have an initial result next month. Three weeks left in the month, so it could still happen, but it's going to be tight.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'm not holding my breath. One of the most popular small pickups on the planet, in production since the early 80's (Ford Ranger), still isn't listed on TrueDelta...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For some reason it's harder to get pickup owners involved.

We'll almost certainly have full results for the Fiesta in February. The only question is whether we'll have even an initial result in November. The problem isn't the number of people involved, but that they've only had their cars for a month or two.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like we're going to be just short of the minimum for an initial result next month. If we receive two more responses from people signed up by the first week of this month, that would do it. But it's possible that everyone who is going to respond already has.

Either way, looking good for full results in February. As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Car reliability research

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We did it!

Thanks to a very high participation rate we got just enough responses to have an initial result this month, probably later this week. It won't be very precise, because we're right at the bare minimum, but it will provide some indication of how these cars are doing.

We'll have a much more solid result with the following update, in February. And the more owners participate, the more precise it will be.

Not yet signed up to participate? Details here:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been participating in True Delta for the entire 308k miles on my current vehicle and it is quick and painless.

(There was the time I got an email of disbelief that my 2001 PT had that many miles on it, but overall it is really quick and the data you have access to is very nice.)

I will have to update my info after I receive my ordered car.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I just signed up.

In case any one is wondering, the Fiesta looks to be about the worst car as for reliability in the small car class. Only the 2000 Focus is worse. Apparently there is lack of people with problem free cars filling out the surveys.

Sadly, I'll have to bring mine in to have the suspension rattle looked at and that will only add to how bad the Fiesta looks right now. Oh well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
462 Posts
look at the issues, only one is anywhere near what i would consider major....the rest were minor repairs and speedometer variences of relitivelysmall %'s.....anyways, irrespective i just registered, and I have a manual so im probably a small % of overall owners anyways. And the only complaints I have heard is people adapting to the DSG auto...

·
Registered
18 Posts
look at the issues, only one is anywhere near what i would consider major....the rest were minor repairs and speedometer variences of relitivelysmall %'s.....anyways, irrespective i just registered, and I have a manual so im probably a small % of overall owners anyways. And the only complaints I have heard is people adapting to the DSG auto...
fuel gauge issues, speedometer issues and similar not going "full" really isn't a big deal, but its kinda scary reading some of these... especially since they happen in the first 2k miles?

"Grounding wire too short" - what? How is that possible?

"There were a couple starters with too much grease in them and having to be replaced? Leaked all over the floor and broke the starts needing to be replaced?"

"both rear shocks leaked oil"

"all fluid fell out of transmission, new transmission replaced"

Anyone else having these kinds of issues? These were all in the hatchback models, and some could be consequential (e.g. owner backed over a parking stop and broke the shocks... or hit something in the road causing the trans plug to come loose and eventually fall out...) but just seeing if anyone on here has had these major issues? Its good to know this info and to watch for it, just shocking since all these cars are under 5k miles.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts