Fiesta Faction banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
This line of thinking is ridiculous. When someone posts about his/her empirical experience it is no more correct than yours, necessarily. A person can walk in with post count "1" and state a fact, and that post count does not make it less factual.

You should listen to me, because I have a high post count, likes, and longevity invested in this forum. :rolleyes:
You can control post count, you have no control over how many "likes" you receive. That is strictly up to the other members of the forum.

And I really don't appreciate someone going behind me and saying what I say is crap when they have ZERO evidence to back up their opinion. If they want a fight, they got one. I won't put up with anyones crap. Certainly not on this forum.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
you have no control over how many "likes" you receive

None of us do since we don't even have "Likes" anymore. Wow, this response was from a 3-27-14 post. Sorry to see you go, as well sorry we didn't live up to your expectations, hopefully the next group you may associate with are a better group than us. I have never known anyone looking for a "fight", we just post and move on, we don't like something, or should I say I, I just don't respond, I have never felt anyone was looking for a fight with me, sorry you felt some members here were giving you crap and looking for a fight. I completly understand you no longer wanting to be a member of the Faction and not posting anymore , if I were treated the way you have been I probably would do the same thing. Have a good evening and hopefully a better experience wherever you may go.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm not going anywhere. That other guy said bye so I said don't let the door hit ya. I ain't leavin'. You know I've been treated disrespectfully by several members here, but since mods don't stop it, I defend myself. Ain't no skin off my back. I had an old boss that makes the worst member here look like the Pope. And I tolerated him for years on a daily basis.

When I said I won't put up with anyones crap I didn't mean I was leaving, hell no. It meant I'll stand up for myself and I'll fight back.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
No one is fighting you... This is a forum for discussion. Sometimes that means opposing views, methods, and opinions. There's no need to think that disagreeing cannot be done amicably. Talking about post count and likes, in this context, just makes you look like an arrogant child. Honestly, there's nothing less important than internet points. At least not in my life -- and I have/had one of the highest "likes" counts here.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I just read back through and saw where I misread F1's post and I've been busy with work and didn't see where he clearly explained himself.

My apologies to all.
Ah, that explains a lot! We all make mistakes, and these sort of ones can be pretty easy to make in a forum. I was pretty confused by your vitriol. Misunderstanding is understandable. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
seeing as this is here. Now that I have gone to a few shows that are more than an hour away and then my work is not off the highway a ways away from me. I have had a chance just to see what I can do with the fiesta as is. So far the most I think I got to was about 105-110. I didn't push any farther as I did not want to overdo it and I have never really gone that fast in my own vehicle before. That and the fiesta gets rather squirrely around 80-90+ MPH.

But I have aftermarket rims (17) so I know I am carrying more weight I suppose. I might just try it out tomorrow or when I head to work just to see. I'll report back with my findings if I do indeed test it out.

Oh but what I do know is that getting to 90 is amazing with the fiesta. If you come to a winding road or if you hit a nice curve on the track doing more than 70 then it really gives you that thrill. Sadly, I make sure to break way early as mine are warped and stock. Both are ingredients to the recipe for disaster. So until an upgrade or two, I'm not gonna push it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Me - 120kmh/75 mph. Passing traffic on a freeway (Freeways in NSW have a 110kmh speed limit - police allow 10% anyway). I have 6 points on my licence due to two speeding offences so until late 2015 cannot accrue another 7 - or I lose my licence. For last 18 months have been really trying to behave myself. Speeding penalties in NSW are harsh - 30kmh over you lose it for 3 months, same if you exceed 130 in a 110 zone. 45+ over loses licence for 6 months, and you have to go to court, they may slap you with other penalties.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Me - 120kmh/75 mph. Passing traffic on a freeway (Freeways in NSW have a 110kmh speed limit - police allow 10% anyway). I have 6 points on my licence due to two speeding offences so until late 2015 cannot accrue another 7 - or I lose my licence. For last 18 months have been really trying to behave myself. Speeding penalties in NSW are harsh - 30kmh over you lose it for 3 months, same if you exceed 130 in a 110 zone. 45+ over loses licence for 6 months, and you have to go to court, they may slap you with other penalties.
That's the part that my uncle complained about in 2002... In Germany they have the autobahn and the rental car company gave him a 4-cyl Mercedes A-Class. He comes with me to Australia, rents a car with a V6, but then can only go 110. ?

Sent from my iPad Air using sephamore.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's the part that my uncle complained about in 2002... In Germany they have the autobahn and the rental car company gave him a 4-cyl Mercedes A-Class. He comes with me to Australia, rents a car with a V6, but then can only go 110.
In Northern Territory on the main highways you can go 130kmh, some sections have been re-derestricted as a trial (all highways until 2007 were de-restricted).

There has been a push from a prominent local motoring magazine to get the freeway from Sydney to Melbourne raised to 130kmh. Even with conservative governments in both states, it doesn't look like it's going ahead. Personally I am against it; the highway infrastructure is only rated for a 110kmh collision (I am a former state govt highway engineer), and there is the potential for too much speed differential, arguably the biggest killer on freeways.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts