Fiesta Faction banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well I tried. I could only squeeze out 119. I wanted 120MPH so bad. I was so close but I ran out of room. I swear I was so close.
The wind was also not on my side so that may have been a bit of a factor. Will try again some time when the weather is more agreeable.

Also I have to do it soon as I am about to drop an order on some performance stuff (If you consider a CAI "performance")

·
Registered
96 Posts
Me - 120kmh/75 mph. Passing traffic on a freeway (Freeways in NSW have a 110kmh speed limit - police allow 10% anyway). I have 6 points on my licence due to two speeding offences so until late 2015 cannot accrue another 7 - or I lose my licence. For last 18 months have been really trying to behave myself. Speeding penalties in NSW are harsh - 30kmh over you lose it for 3 months, same if you exceed 130 in a 110 zone. 45+ over loses licence for 6 months, and you have to go to court, they may slap you with other penalties.
Since then I once effortlessly hit 140kmh on my way to a social event in a nearby hamlet. Road was DEAD STRAIGHT. But in Australia in the country at night speeding is very dangerous, with all the wildlife.

On the highways in the outback the police don't patrol them at all. The logic being if you are that dumb to speed at night in the outback you deserve to hit a kangaroo......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Governor is at 130mph.

I've hit somewhere just under 120mph indicated on the speedo, allegedly. GPS was reading about 112-113. Steering gets super light.
I found that out when I was doing 105. The steering got too light and I didn't like the way it handled so I slowed down and well for the fact I already got pulled over twice for having too much fun in my fiesta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Governor is at 130mph.
Except it's not. The Fiesta is limited to 180 km/h, which is just under 112 mph. That doesn't mean the car won't go faster under favorable conditions (downhill, strong tailwind, etc); but on its own power it's nowhere near 130 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm sure I've gone 116 MPH according to my Garmin GPS, but I have the 1.0 ecoboost. I also did not want to get a ticket, so I only pushed the car until I quit gaining speed quickly.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Look at what the factory tires have for a speed rating. The computer will limit you to that speed. My old Neon had tires rated at 118, top speed limited to 118 mph.

105 mph seems to be it for me. I chicken out. Both our Dodge Caravans were up to 105 as was the Neon. We rented a Jaguar XK8 convertible in Hawaii for a day once. Speed limit was 45. The road got straight and level. No traffic. Put it to the floor, top down. At what I thought was about 80, I backed off. I looked and I was at 105. I wife asked how fast we went, I told her 105. She didn't care. Under the right conditions I could have driven all day at that speed.

My Corvair with the 2 speed Powerglide automatic tops out just over 80! It has to be at or over redline. You can be in top gear at 15 mph. How I wish it had a manual. The upside is it shifts smooth as silk and has bullet proof reliability.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Look at what the factory tires have for a speed rating. The computer will limit you to that speed. My old Neon had tires rated at 118, top speed limited to 118 mph.

105 mph seems to be it for me. I chicken out. Both our Dodge Caravans were up to 105 as was the Neon. We rented a Jaguar XK8 convertible in Hawaii for a day once. Speed limit was 45. The road got straight and level. No traffic. Put it to the floor, top down. At what I thought was about 80, I backed off. I looked and I was at 105. I wife asked how fast we went, I told her 105. She didn't care. Under the right conditions I could have driven all day at that speed.

My Corvair with the 2 speed Powerglide automatic tops out just over 80! It has to be at or over redline. You can be in top gear at 15 mph. How I wish it had a manual. The upside is it shifts smooth as silk and has bullet proof reliability.
Too bad it's unsafe at any speed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Straight line speed is pretty damn boring. And on public roads, pretty lame.

That said, I was hitting about 90 MPH before braking for turn 1 at Streets of Willow counter clockwise.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts