Fiesta Faction banner

Ford Fiesta Top speed?

61K views 138 replies 71 participants last post by  austin86 
#1 ·
so what is the max speed you have hit with your 2011 fiesta?

I hit 180kph the day I picked up the sedan, I wasn't pushing it too hard because it was -20c outside and there was a bit of wind. How fast have you been in your fiesta?

#2 ·
about 90... actually, I think I've only crossed 4500 RPM once.

I'm still babying it in at around 1k miles. I'll let loose after the first oil change. I honestly can't wait to get some better rubber on this car and tear loose on track.

#6 ·
ive hit 110mph and out ran my friends mr2.
I'm guessing he doesn't have the turbo model. :p I drove a '91 MR2 turbo with a manual trans in high school a few times and that baby was quick! If I remember right they ran in the 14's for a 1320 stock and I had it up around 135-140 on a back highway.

75 is the fastest I've had mine...interstate speed limit and I have less than 1k miles on the car.

#7 ·
Folks,

I certainly hope everyone is testing out the top speed on the track and not on public roadways...

shhhhh! the cops aren't listening right.....looks around.....
Actually, there have been cases where police have charged people with dangerous driving after they posted stuff on the internet (see link). It may not necessarily be police reading what people have done -- it may be other people reading the forum and realizing that the person is being a danger to the general public.

Otherwise, any posts on Fiesta Faction of illegal activities like street racing is a violation of our Forum Terms of Use.

#9 ·
Folks,

I certainly hope everyone is testing out the top speed on the track and not on public roadways...

Actually, there have been cases where police have charged people with dangerous driving after they posted stuff on the internet (see link). It may not necessarily be police reading what people have done -- it may be other people reading the forum and realizing that the person is being a danger to the general public.

Otherwise, any posts on Fiesta Faction of illegal activities like street racing is a violation of our Forum Terms of Use.
I'm sure all the results being posted here were done on private roads.

#10 ·
had a little bit of open road with the gf in hers the otehr day. did just over 100, let out bc we were coming up on our offramp. honestly. id say a stock one would do 115ish.

and to all the people breaking in their cars. i did 135mph with 12miles on my 08 mustang. it was fullbolt ons in 2 weeks with less than 500miles. was making 440whp @ 1k miles. had prob 20 passes down teh track by that time.

i still to this day at 62k miles have perfect compression and no issues

#11 ·
Actually had the Fiesta on a closed track loop the other weekend when we had out spot of warmer weather here in PA (it hit like 40 :p). The Fiesta did 90 pretty effortlessly on the one straight and took the corners great even with the still stock suspension. Wife was impressed with the feel. I might have had it pushing 100 once or twice; ran out of room too fast on the one straight stretch. The electronic limiter is probably set to 110-115mph like it is on most standard consumption Ford products.

#26 ·
Under controlled conditions, I've had my 6sp up to the 118 mph (190 km/h) barrier. Unlike other automatics that "shudder" the RPMs at limit, the Fiesta will hold the RPMs steady, the car feels as if it just sits at top speed rather than bucking.

#35 ·
Just drove to Las Vegas and back. On the way there I mostly drove calm and conserved. On the way back, I was in a hurry. Broke 100mph a few times, which is rare for me in any car as I really don't go that far over the limits. Unfortunately I caught a little bit of air when doing 90+ over a bump and I think I actually came off the ground. I noticed some suspension noise coming from the front, will inspect it tomorrow.

#42 ·
I had mine at 100 mph on I-75 coming back from Gatornationals last weekend and when I realized how fast I was going I back out of it quickly. It was too smooth and I was just cruising along peacefully. I then set the the cruise for 80 and got in the right hand lane just too stay out of trouble with Johnny Law .

#43 · (Edited)
I hit 180 KPH (112 mph) the other day. It felt it could go faster but I didn't want to push it. It wasn't on the highway though...

IMO, 140 KPH (87 mph) is the top speed where you can drive comfortably, not even noticing, but at 160 KPH (100 mph) it still runs very stable.

All according to the speedo, not GPS

#58 ·
Hmmmm, that's odd. I don't know which GPS units some posters have used, but my Garmins are accurate. I was using a Garmin Nuvi 350 and now a Garmin Nuvi 255W. I had the 255W in my Dodge Magnum and it was right on the mark with the speed on the odometer. Tried it in the Fiesta and it said about a -2 mph difference versus the speedometer which seems accurate.

#50 ·
GPS vs Speedo?

Would be interested in one of the Ford Reps here to look up the factory spec's on the speedo's accuracy.

Had a Rabbit (v1) whose odometer did not match the road side markers (it was reading optimistic) so I asked them to check out the speedo as its connected to the same gears. The dealer's maintenance manager pulled out the factory manual which said: "Accuracy is = +/- 10% of actual and +/- 5mi". Which means at 50mph actual speed, the speedo would could read anywhere from 40 to 60 mph. Could have been a bad translation and what they meant was the greater of +/- 5mph or 10% of the actual speed (at 50mph that would be 5 mph).

On my Garmin I can get a read out of how accurate the positioning (+/- so many feet) is which depends on the number of satellites it can get a good signal from). As someone mentioned as the speed increases the position uncertainty of the gps becomes less important where as the speedo's unceratianty (assuming its still a percentage) will get larger in mph.

#52 ·
My Fiesta speedo runs almost 5MPH on the plus side at almost any speed. The faster I go the more it's off to the plus side. This is compared to my GPS going at a steady speed on a straight level road for at least 3 to 4 miles. Its rather annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.