Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a while ago. Low speed growling, worse when turning left. With 59950 miles ford replaced the axle bearing and told me i need an alignment cause my camber was off and had worn my new tires. I left there with the new bearing, and instantly heard the noise come back. So i went straight and got an alignment, toe was barely off. I also had the tires rotated. 2of them were worn on the inside

Now im at 59990miles, 10 miles till warranty dies. My questions are..

Is there another bearing that could be bad on the front right??

Do the wheel bearings "press" in?

Has anyone here replaced their own wheel bearings?

Ive got plans this weekend which is why i had the car repaired during the week and will surely be over my warranty mileage?? Id love if they honored it because they never fixed the real issue. Maybe someone with ford can chime in.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
which bearing did they replace. bearing noise when turning left would point to the right side wheel bearing.
In replacing the wheel bearing you will need access to a press. trying to do it any other way can end up in futility and damaged parts.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Posted a while ago. Low speed growling, worse when turning left. With 59950 miles ford replaced the axle bearing and told me i need an alignment cause my camber was off and had worn my new tires. I left there with the new bearing, and instantly heard the noise come back. So i went straight and got an alignment, toe was barely off. I also had the tires rotated. 2of them were worn on the inside

Now im at 59990miles, 10 miles till warranty dies.
...Maybe someone with ford can chime in.

Thanks guys
(Chimes in)
Hey there, tkidd88.

I'd be happy to look into this for you. Just shoot me a private message with your VIN, dealer name/location, your best daytime phone number, and your full name.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts

Now im at 59990miles, 10 miles till warranty dies. My questions are..

Is there another bearing that could be bad on the front right??

Do the wheel bearings "press" in?

Has anyone here replaced their own wheel bearings?

Ive got plans this weekend which is why i had the car repaired during the week and will surely be over my warranty mileage?? Id love if they honored it because they never fixed the real issue. Maybe someone with ford can chime in.

Thanks guys

did you find out what bearing it was or where the noise was coming from?please reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts