Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Funny how Ford (USA Company Right???) is doing that over there but here I am..... on engine #3 and Ford Customer Care doesn't even have a response better than "you have no open recalls on your car".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Funny how Ford (USA Company Right???) is doing that over there but here I am..... on engine #3 and Ford Customer Care doesn't even have a response better than "you have no open recalls on your car".
Did they replace the engine free of charge each time or did they make you pay for it? Also, was this due to the coolant system issue on the 1.0 Ecoboost?

·
Registered
156 Posts
First fail was replaced with a Ford replacement long block and additional parts. Considered a complete engine so covered by 3 yr unlimited miles. Second fail they could not get the long block as it was on back order (shocker) so I was given a short block and the ordered the parts all separate. Keep in mind we are talking a lot of stuff. When this motor goes it GOES. Turbos had to be replaced each time as well... Well here I am on the 3rd motor and I am seeing coolant is again disappearing. Seems to be head gasket or cracked head again likely. Note that ALL of these motors never make it to 80K miles for me. My car has 209k on the odometer and it now looks like I will need a 4th engine. Well this will not happen as the car is paid off and Ford refuses to say anything but there are no outstanding recalls on your vehicle as I have said before... This has cost me a lot of $ and time. Nice to see that Ford is supporting the UK! And to throw salt in the wound... I have been a loyal Ford person for years. Excursion, Expedition, F150... They made money from me.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
First fail was replaced with a Ford replacement long block and additional parts. Considered a complete engine so covered by 3 yr unlimited miles. Second fail they could not get the long block as it was on back order (shocker) so I was given a short block and the ordered the parts all separate. Keep in mind we are talking a lot of stuff. When this motor goes it GOES. Turbos had to be replaced each time as well... Well here I am on the 3rd motor and I am seeing coolant is again disappearing. Seems to be head gasket or cracked head again likely. Note that ALL of these motors never make it to 80K miles for me. My car has 209k on the odometer and it now looks like I will need a 4th engine. Well this will not happen as the car is paid off and Ford refuses to say anything but there are no outstanding recalls on your vehicle as I have said before... This has cost me a lot of $ and time. Nice to see that Ford is supporting the UK! And to throw salt in the wound... I have been a loyal Ford person for years. Excursion, Expedition, F150... They made money from me.
Did Ford pay for your prior repairs? What was the determination of cause for each of these failures?

I have a bad memory but IIRC, Ford did pay for one of your engine and you paid for clutch and related parts to be replaced while they were down there (which I would have done too)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was over factory warranty on first one. Since I reported the lost coolant and hard starts before the failure and the dealership looked at it and reported no cause found....and simply added coolant I had a basis to seek assistance from Ford and the dealer. Trust me if I didnt push it would have been all on my dime. In the end Ford payed 50%, me 25%, and the dealer 25%. Since I contributed that is the only reason the replacement engine had the 3 year unlimited miles coverage. I am out of pocket for a few K on this and rental cars. Also the original $500 charge for the first visit that they found no issue and only replaced spark plugs and MAF sensor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was over factory warranty on first one. Since I reported the lost coolant and hard starts before the failure and the dealership looked at it and reported no cause found....and simply added coolant I had a basis to seek assistance from Ford and the dealer. Trust me if I didnt push it would have been all on my dime. In the end Ford payed 50%, me 25%, and the dealer 25%. Since I contributed that is the only reason the replacement engine had the 3 year unlimited miles coverage. I am out of pocket for a few K on this and rental cars. Also the original $500 charge for the first visit that they found no issue and only replaced spark plugs and MAF sensor.
So all of you know. My car has 209k on it. I drive ~100 miles one way to work and this is 80% interstate. I dont abuse my car. All factory parts, no mods. Only addition is a Scangauge to see actual water temp. If you have a coolant leak slow or fast and you do not catch it you will NOT have any warning. The coolant temp sensor is not in an area that it will correctly warn you. Each failure I had that caused engine damage did not produce a temp warning on the factory gauges. Here is a big problem. The manual clearly states when you see the temp alert to safely pull over and turn off the engine. You cant do this if you dont get a warning. This is a defect in design. Not only it the cooling system defective the warning system is defective. Note that the Scangauge was connected for my second failure. I looked at it and its temp did not rise to a alarming level until after the engine stopped. Interesting that Ford is admitting to UK there is an issue but here in the USA they just pulled the motor from the market... I need other people to get involved here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So all of you know. My car has 209k on it. I drive ~100 miles one way to work and this is 80% interstate. I dont abuse my car. All factory parts, no mods. Only addition is a Scangauge to see actual water temp. If you have a coolant leak slow or fast and you do not catch it you will NOT have any warning. The coolant temp sensor is not in an area that it will correctly warn you. Each failure I had that caused engine damage did not produce a temp warning on the factory gauges. Here is a big problem. The manual clearly states when you see the temp alert to safely pull over and turn off the engine. You cant do this if you dont get a warning. This is a defect in design. Not only it the cooling system defective the warning system is defective. Note that the Scangauge was connected for my second failure. I looked at it and its temp did not rise to a alarming level until after the engine stopped. Interesting that Ford is admitting to UK there is an issue but here in the USA they just pulled the motor from the market... I need other people to get involved here.
Could you ask for legal advice and see if you can get some compensation from Ford?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Join my FB page, same issue here. I started a group called "Ford fck'd me", please join it, this is how UK folks made ford respond.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts