Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any contact info for Ford Racing? I'd like to see if there might be a way to overcome some of the Fiesta's shortcomings when it comes to autocross (a secret way to turn off traction/stability control for example).

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
already looked into it, and there is not a way to disable the systems. You could pull the ABS sensor to disable it, but I like ABS in a FWD car. I have not autocrossed mine yet, but I can say that the traction control is way less intrusive on the street with the US car vs the EU one. I have not got the system to engage on the US one, while it would come on alot with the EU Fiesta. The stability control is not something that activates on the street, unless it is snowing, so I have not compared the two. Strangely, I would like the systems off for the winter and would be ok with leaving them for the summer. Once I figured out how to change my driving style for the track, I found the stability control to be fun. I could just throw the car into a corner and let the computer fix it. In the winter with snow tires, both systems were too restrictive to allow the snow tires to bite. For me, driving in snow is like a rally driver driving on gravel. I need to spin the tires to find something to bite to, then use the steering wheel, left foot braking, throttle, and hand brake to turn the car smoothly. It is also great practice in car control, and its all at very low speed. Sadly, the stability and traction systems won't allow it to happen. :(

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Ford Racing tech line phone is (800) FORD788

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully it can be disabled through a custom tune. We'll find out very soon!
That won't help for SCCA though. There has to be a documented procedure for disabling it accessed without additional tools or changing the software for it to be legal. However if Ford issues a software update with a way to disable it as a TSB before the 2012 models come out then that's fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts