Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Racing has just listed a Fiesta Muffler M-5230-FAC.

Specs include:
Fits 2011 Fiesta hatch back only
T-304 stainless steel construction
Deeper, throatier exhaust note
Ford Racing embossed tips
50-statedrive-by noise legal

Price: Not $599, not $699, not $799,--no it's $899 MSRP. Too steep? About right?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'll take three!!

I do not understand that one. It must be a muffler system, a cat back. I have had WHOLE systems custom fabricated for half that figure (less the price of the muffler I provided) and that price was installed, out the door. I am very jaded, but that is expensive.

·
Registered
447 Posts
x2 i cant see anyone spending that kind of cash when magnaflow will surely be MUCH cheaper

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Ford Racing has just listed a Fiesta Muffler M-5230-FAC.

Specs include:
Fits 2011 Fiesta hatch back only
T-304 stainless steel construction
Deeper, throatier exhaust note
Ford Racing embossed tips
50-statedrive-by noise legal

Price: Not $599, not $699, not $799,--no it's $899 MSRP. Too steep? About right?
$899 ?! that's one expensive muffler. let's hope it's a typo considering you can get a pair (2) of t-304 mufflers for the 2011 Mustang for $749.
that's a shock considering all their other Fiesta parts are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Wow, that Ford Racing peice is a little bit on the expensive side. I am budgeting $400-$500 for a catback and will be waiting for FSWerks to release theirs before buying anything. If the FRPP exhaust included a header with high-flow cat, I would say that is reasonable. $899 just for a catback is crazy!

·
Registered
642 Posts
!!!!

I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying: Holy crap! That was one of the mods I was looking forward to getting, but not at that price now. Why so expensive? Does it include a complete exhaust system with catalytic converter? Heck, I purchased a set of Ford Racing mufflers for my '05 Mustang GT for $550. I too, can only hope the price is a typo.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Stop the press. I'm on the Ford Racing website and don't see where they have the Fiesta exhaust kit listed? It would appear that it is still in development?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just noticed that the exhaust is listed on the Ford Racing website as weighing 0 pounds, perhaps that's why it's so expensive? :)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The Fiesta Muffler is made out of ultra low weight unatainium with a coating of vaporware to give it less than .01 lbs of weight. Massive weight savings over stock. Or, it is made out of the same stuff a hoverboard is made from.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I see it now on the 'Parts Details'. Something is not right. I think they goofed by maybe prematurely listing the part. The price has to be more reasonable than $900. Who will buy it at that level? Additionally, several pieces of information are missing like the weight (as pointed out), a picture,

·
Registered
406 Posts
They're not posting pics on any of the Fiesta parts, yet. Even if that price was for a catback system, it's too high. Apex'i catbacks for Hondas run about $350-500. Can't imagine why the Fiesta's would be twice that.

·
Registered
266 Posts
$900? That sounds reasonable to me ill definately buy it, coming from the BMW tuning scene you get used to paying high for mods and performance parts, my remus exhuast muffler for my 3 series 325i was close to $800 and Ford Racing is probably the best quality and testing also gains so id bet its worth every penny...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
enter "Fiesta" in the Part Search... box to see the parts found matching Fiesta.
there's a photo of the short throw shifter now.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
It appears that the FRPP exhaust is going to be a full cat-back system, not just a muffler like the Mustangs get.

To date all the FRPP small car systems were made for FRPP by Borla so they are top notch for build quality and sound.

I've had a Ford Racing Borla on my SVT for five years in Minnesota weather and it still looks shiny and new and I mean the entire system, not just the tip.

I'd wait a bit longer for final pricing on that system, assuming the pricing does not change I'll be selling it for $687.50 plus shipping.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It appears that the FRPP exhaust is going to be a full cat-back system, not just a muffler like the Mustangs get.

To date all the FRPP small car systems were made for FRPP by Borla so they are top notch for build quality and sound.

I've had a Ford Racing Borla on my SVT for five years in Minnesota weather and it still looks shiny and new and I mean the entire system, not just the tip.

I'd wait a bit longer for final pricing on that system, assuming the pricing does not change I'll be selling it for $687.50 plus shipping.
Thanks for that insight. I'm really interested in this and have a lot of confidence in Ford Racing parts; but, I do hope they ease the price somewhat to stay competetive and help avoid the possibility that a lot of folks will look elsewhere for an aftermarket exhaust system for the Fiesta.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So is this California Smog certified, I can imagine replacing a cold intake before a smog test, but the whole exhaust system seems a bit much.

JesterOC

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
So is this California Smog certified, I can imagine replacing a cold intake before a smog test, but the whole exhaust system seems a bit much.

JesterOC
"Most" FRPP parts are 50 state legal and they've really been putting a lot of effort into it just in the last few years.

Even the Ford Racing 2011 Mustang 5.0 624hp and GT500 750hp blower kits are 50 state certified :eek: :D in fact I believe ALL the FRPP 2005+ supercharger kits are certified.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have any guesses or videos about how HORRIBLE this car is going to sound with an exhaust?? I'll forgo the 2hp and take mine as quiet as possible please.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts