Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Racing has part numbers and pricing for some of their Fiesta performance parts :D
Ford Racing Performance Parts - [Parts]

2011 FIESTA HANDLING PACK
M-FR3-FA
Suggested Retail:$299.95
Fits 2011 Fiesta sedan and hatch.
Delivers improved handling characteristics without ride degradation.
Reduced ride height 12mm-15mm lower front
Reduced ride height 22mm-28mm lower rear
Includes front struts, front springs, rear shocks and rear springs.

FORD RACING 15-SPOKE FIESTA WHEEL
M-1007-FA
Suggested Retail:$169.95
Fits 2011 Ford Fiesta sedan and hatch
Size: 17" x 7" wide
Cast aluminum with dark charcoal paint
Includes center cap

2011 FORD FIESTA SHORT THROW SHIFTER
M-7210-FA
Suggested Retail:$199.95
Fits 2011 Ford Fiesta with 5 speed manual transmission
Shorter shift throws than OEM unit

2011 FIESTA STRUT TOWER BRACE
M-20201-FA
Suggested Retail:$99.95
Fits 2011 Fiesta sedan and hatch
Silver powdercoated
Single tube construction

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ford Racing has part numbers and pricing for some of their Fiesta performance parts :D
Ford Racing Performance Parts - [Parts]

2011 FIESTA HANDLING PACK
M-FR3-FA
Suggested Retail:$299.95
Fits 2011 Fiesta sedan and hatch.
Delivers improved handling characteristics without ride degradation.
Reduced ride height 12mm-15mm lower front
Reduced ride height 22mm-28mm lower rear
Includes front struts, front springs, rear shocks and rear springs.

FORD RACING 15-SPOKE FIESTA WHEEL
M-1007-FA
Suggested Retail:$169.95
Fits 2011 Ford Fiesta sedan and hatch
Size: 17" x 7" wide
Cast aluminum with dark charcoal paint
Includes center cap

2011 FORD FIESTA SHORT THROW SHIFTER
M-7210-FA
Suggested Retail:$199.95
Fits 2011 Ford Fiesta with 5 speed manual transmission
Shorter shift throws than OEM unit

2011 FIESTA STRUT TOWER BRACE
M-20201-FA
Suggested Retail:$99.95
Fits 2011 Fiesta sedan and hatch
Silver powdercoated
Single tube construction
Are those the Focus wheels?

Oh, I want that handling pack and especially the short throw shifter.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm guessing the handling pack is just Eibach springs just like over in Europe. Any idea on who makes the short throw shifter and how much shorter the throws are? ETA on everything?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am sure the shifter is made by Ford Racing/Steeda since they usually offer the same products. All of my Focus shifters have been the FRPP/Steeda units. The price is a little steep on the shifter, so I may hold off and put the money towards a better tune. In the EU Fiesta, the shifter was the biggest downfall, but the US car has a better shifter, but worse engine tuning.

The handling pack is springs and dampers, either designed by Multimatic, FRPP, or sourced from Europe. With the extra weight of the US car, I would bet they are not exactly the same units that the EU market gets.

Yes, those are Focus wheels. They are the style that was first used on the SVT Focus EAP's, then moved into production with the SES Focus.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Those packages sound really good!..and if you have the manual that short throw might really be some fun, is it possible to have a short throw setup on an automatic trans? anyone have the Ford Racing website?

·
Registered
642 Posts
More to come....

I also saw on the Ford Racing website that engineers are working on a CAI as well as a low-restriction, competition style exhaust. I wonder how much additional HP these two improved areas will provide? I'm guessing maybe 10 HP?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Those packages sound really good!..and if you have the manual that short throw might really be some fun, is it possible to have a short throw setup on an automatic trans? anyone have the Ford Racing website?
You'll have to get the ECU reprogrammed for faster shifting on the DCT.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
We know from the Mountune Fiesta that PCM tuning, tubular header, high flow cat, free flowing exhaust, and filter are good for 130hp. Since our cars produce 120hp on 87 octane, compared to their 120 hp with 95, I think we may be able to get more power with an aggressive tune and all those parts. There should be some gains from advancing the timing and using 93 octane fuel. I would be ok if the peak TQ and HP numbers stayed the same, but the TQ curve was flatter and made better use of the mid range. Doing that should mask the gear ratio gaps. I wish more of you could have driven the EU Fiesta and seen how quick that car was.

Oh, much like the Focus, the big gains will most likely come from a tuned tubular header with high flow cat. The cat back still has the factory cat and manifold restricting air flow.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uh... no there's no short throw for an automatic.
www.fordracingparts.com

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't understand the list price on those Focus wheels. If you look up 17" 15-spoke Focus wheels on the FRP website, they are part no.
M-1007-S177E and are $139 ea. How come they're $30 more for Fiestas??

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I don't understand the list price on those Focus wheels. If you look up 17" 15-spoke Focus wheels on the FRP website, they are part no.
M-1007-S177E and are $139 ea. How come they're $30 more for Fiestas??
I believe it's technically a different wheel.

The 15-spoke Focus wheels were part of a European Appearance Package (EAP) made in a colour called "Dark Argent", and that's what's sold on Ford Racing.

The 15-spoke for the Fiesta LOOKS the same as the Focus EAP wheel, but it's made in a colour called "Dark Charcoal". Chances are it's the one you see now on the 2009 and later Focus SES models.

Aside from the (slight) colour difference, the centre cap area is also slightly different.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm guessing the handling pack is just Eibach springs just like over in Europe. Any idea on who makes the short throw shifter and how much shorter the throws are? ETA on everything?
I installed the Ford Racing M-FR3-FA handling pack today. The springs were not Eibachs from what I could tell. They didn't have "Eibach" on them but had paint dots on them like the standard Fiesta springs only they were shorter. I could almost mount them without a spring compressor :D The dampers were Ford parts so I'm guessing the handling pack is similar to the "Sport tune with lowered ride height" suspension on the Fiesta Zetec S in the UK? The handling pack firms things up a bit but doesn't make for a harsh ride. Installation took me a couple of hours and you need flex head gear wrenches to reach the nuts on top of the front struts after you move the brake fluid reservoir on one side and you move the a/c hose on the other. Oh and wear goggles when you do the rear shocks so you don't get dirt in your eye while you remove and install them. You need to wiggle the fuzzy liner in the rear wheel wells to get to the two bolts on top.

photos!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2091793&id=1515934929&l=cc7c9d7dde

·
Registered
462 Posts
I installed the Ford Racing M-FR3-FA handling pack today. The springs were not Eibachs from what I could tell. They didn't have "Eibach" on them but had paint dots on them like the standard Fiesta springs only they were shorter. I could almost mount them without a spring compressor :D The dampers were Ford parts so I'm guessing the handling pack is similar to the "Sport tune with lowered ride height" suspension on the Fiesta Zetec S in the UK? The handling pack firms things up a bit but doesn't make for a harsh ride. Installation took me a couple of hours and you need flex head gear wrenches to reach the nuts on top of the front struts after you move the brake fluid reservoir on one side and you move the a/c hose on the other. Oh and wear goggles when you do the rear shocks so you don't get dirt in your eye while you remove and install them. You need to wiggle the fuzzy liner in the rear wheel wells to get to the two bolts on top.

photos!
Fiesta handling pack | Facebook
Eric, did you have the vehicle re-aligned yet?....handling difference?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no alignment check yet. I pushed the top of the front struts inboard and back while tightening the three nuts on top to get whatever positive caster is available and I pushed on the top of the knuckles while tightening the two nuts on the bottom to get whatever negative camber is available. there's nothing to adjust on the rear twist beam.

my Fiesta corners flatter with minimal body roll and nose dive under braking. ride quality is about the same. at least I didn't notice any more bumpiness in our parking lot. it was fun with my coworker trying to hold on when I drove it around a cloverleaf :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
no alignment check yet. I pushed the top of the front struts inboard and back while tightening the three nuts on top to get whatever positive caster is available and I pushed on the top of the knuckles while tightening the two nuts on the bottom to get whatever negative camber is available. there's nothing to adjust on the rear twist beam.

my Fiesta corners flatter with minimal body roll and nose dive under braking. ride quality is about the same. at least I didn't notice any more bumpiness in our parking lot. it was fun with my coworker trying to hold on when I drove it around a cloverleaf :D
I have my FR3 setup installed but have not driven it yet (it's still at the dealership). My service advisor/friend has driven it though and, after tweaking the alignment, reports that it corners nice and flat with minimum harshness. I am running Conti ExtremeContact DWS 195/50-16 (stock size) tires which probably helps a little.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm still on the fence for the handling pack. I think I'll pull the trigger since it's $220 from one of the sponsors here. Probably the best bang for the buck mod as far as performance goes.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts