Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B&G suspension has brought in our first test set of springs for the new Fiesta...and we are looking for a local car here in southern California to test them on. For your time you will be getting a free set of lowering springs for your car, if your interested please either call 858-547-9555 or email me [email protected]

·
Registered
430 Posts
I want to thank Brian and the B&G crew for the chance to test out and keep the B&G S2 Sport Springs for the Fiesta.

Yesterday, I drove down to La Jolla/San Diego to do the testing and fitting at the B&G warehouse. No lie, the car handles so much better. The new Springs ride really well and have given a stiffness to the Fiesta, especially in cornering. I love the cornering on this baby!!! To top it off, the stance looks amazing. I thought our Fiesta was a little soft compared to the Euro version I test drove last summer. The S2 Sport Springs are definitely stiffer than the stock springs. No bottoming out too with the new springs.

Driving back from La Jolla, I prefer how the car rides now. Of course I had to test out the Fiesta in the hills and cornering so I drove it though its paces. :D

Here's the pics of the install:

Something I learned is that B&G manufactures the Springs in Amsterdam and imports them here. Keep a lookout for S2 Sport Springs for the Fiesta. I'm sure Brian can answer your questions too. Now I need to put 17s.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
do you have photos of them removing and installing the front springs? I'd like to see how they got to the three nuts on top of the front struts.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
yep, really needs 17's! :)

The car looks good lowered, and that was great you and B&G were able to get together for the install. How well are the springs matched to the dampers? Everytime I have installed springs, I find I need a set of matched dampers. Now I just get both at the same time after finding out the hard way on other projects. I don't know if I will be able to lower my Fiesta since I went with much wider tires than what I should have, and I still need to drive around in the winter with the body kit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
That stance is perfect. But now I am curious of a few items:

1) Spring rate front and rear for the stock springs
2) Spring rate front and rear for the B&G springs
3) The actual distance these springs lower the car.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry, I didn't take photos of the install in the front springs. The rear was installed in no time. The front took a little longer.

Ride quality is stiffer, but I prefer it than the stock. When you go over a speed bump, you can tell the shocks are stiffer.

I'll ask Brian from B&G about the distance the springs lowered the car.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
When you go over a speed bump, you can tell the shocks are stiffer.
I thought you just swapped springs? The dampening value of the shock/strut would only change if you actually replaced the shocks and struts. There is a fine balance between spring rate and dampening. I am very hesitant on replacing just springs since only the stock units are matched to the factory dampers. Also, the stroke of the shock and strut pistons is changed from where it is supposed to operate, which may cause the units to bottom out with the lower ride height. The other concern is with the stability control since there is no way to let the computer know that the wheel rate and center of gravity have been changed. Suspension tuning on the Fiesta is something totally different than what I am used to. My Mustang is much easier with its lack of any computer, and I can have springs and dampers matched to my car and my driving style. As much as I love the look of the Fiesta lowered, I will sit back and wait before jumping into the suspension. The Fiesta is also the first car I have ever owned (non SVT) that has a great suspension from the factory, but it does sit a little high for my tastes.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ride quality is stiffer, but I prefer it than the stock. When you go over a speed bump, you can tell the shocks are stiffer.
The original post was just about changing just the springs. Assuming that is the only thing that changed you are probably feeling jounce bumper compression on the speed bump that you interpret as "stiffer shocks". Lowering the vehicle reduces the amount of jounce travel so you get into the jounce bumper sooner/more often.

·
Registered
13 Posts
which may cause the units to bottom out with the lower ride height
They can either bottom out as they are now or there are rubber stoppers/bumpers in place to keep them from doing so. Either way medium bumps will just be like large bumps and he'll either bottom them out more often (which they can do now) or he'll hit the bumpers/stoppers and it will just be joltier...if that's a word

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would definitely like to stiffen up my suspension on my Fiesta, there is a little too much body roll for my taste.

Any ETA on when these will be available and pricing? The FRPP handling pack is a good deal at $220.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Do we know if this is the only spring option that B&G will offer? I really like B&G's products but hope to see a coilover kit before i have to jump on the H&R kit!

·
Registered
430 Posts
For those of you concern about the ride, it is not rough at all. I drove with 4 passengers and a loaded trunk. Drove fine.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Do we know if this is the only spring option that B&G will offer? I really like B&G's products but hope to see a coilover kit before i have to jump on the H&R kit!
Contact Brian and B&G and he can tell you.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nice photos of the suspension. All clean. Mine is all covered with snow, ice, dirt and salt. Salt=Minnesota licktite.:eek: In ten years I won't be able to gets the nuts off with out lots of force. Sometimes the bolts break. Had lots of fun rebuilding my Corvairs suspension.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow... what is the drop on those? I didn't see it above.

I would have to say that those are looking too far for me and auto-x... One sharp turn at speed and I think I'd be introducing tire to wheel well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts