Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please tell me how to install this handling pack, particularly front struts? Springs aren’t compressed ?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Please tell me how to install this handling pack, particularly front struts? Springs aren’t compressed
I've yet buy a pair of springs that came pre-compressed shrugs However, you can go to most auto parts stores (i.e. AutoZone or Advance, etc....) and 'rent' a spring compressor. It consists of these two threaded bars with hooks at either end that you tighten to compress the spring while you set it on the strut and tighten the new top hat and spring mount down. Then slowly release the tension to seat it in place. Ratchet straps will work in a pinch.

But honestly, if you aren't comfortable or have previous experience properly installing all the front strut components together - just ask around at your local auto shops. Most will be totally fine with assembling the bits for you for a nominal labor fee - so long as you have all the required parts. That way, you'd only have to worry about installing the fully assembled strut assembly - 3 nuts on the strut tower, the 2 bolts to the front knuckles and the 1 nut to the sway bar end link. No special tools needed.

Any suspension work on your car is a less than ideal time to test out your skills. Better to have it done right and be safe!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 - 22 of 22 Posts