Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to experience my 1.6 gas aspirated engine is shutting down and left me sit along the highway. This has become an issue that I traced back to a 1/9/2015 Fuel Pump Recall for my 2014 Fiesta; however, my vehicle did not get repaired because of my manufacturing date. The problem exists with the nickel plating on the Bosch fuel pump that was installed on the 14 Fiestas. My car is experiencing the same type of no start or stalling out while driving as reported in the recall. As anyone else out there had a fuel pump issue with there fiesta that was not involved in the original recall?
I had to have my car towed to the dealer and they have yet to solve this issue with my car. When it dies it will not start until about 30-45 minutes later and then it starts and runs momentarily again and then shuts down again. My theory is with the original recall, because it seems to me after the fuel pump gets heated up that's when it brakes down. After it cools off, it will restart again and run for a short period of time like it should. This issue of stalling while driving can and will increase the risk of a crash. It's apparent to me that the pump has not completely seized up yet or it would not sart and run at all.
Has anyone else had a situation like I am describing? If so, was it the fuel pump Module or a crankshaft sensor malfunction or something else the problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got the car back today. They said the coil pack electrical connector was lose and losing contact. and they replaced it. I am still not certain that it will resolve this issue, but I'll see how it plays out. Next repair will be replacing the fuel pump relay. I still believe that is where the problem is coming from.

·
Registered
32 Posts
At least they found the immediate cause of the problem. Good info on the fuel pump, hadn't heard that one before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope the problem is resolved; however, I'll keep you advised, will be putting about 40 miles on it tomorrow. That will be the final test. If it does not stall tomorrow, then I know that was the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put 60 miles on the car, so far the stalling problem has not returned. Car runs great. Looks like my theory was wrong. I did run a check on the fuel pump relay and it tested out okay. Bought one anyway, and carrying it in glove box just in case the problem returns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car runs fine. Does not stall out while driving anymore. Electrical connector wire @ Coil Pack was the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts