Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how bad are these powershift transmissions really is OR is it bunch of overly sensitive car owners wanting Rolls-Royce smoothness in 40 MPG package?
Now as I understand it this trans can save fuel but MIGHT have a shudder at Low load/low speed operation. If I am wrong tell me.
I have read you can ID one from Not having a Trans dipstick under the hood.
Is there a certain VIN digit for the trans like there is for a engine?
Anyone know the tans code in the Vin Door sticker for a powershift.
Id like to drive one to make up my own mind.

And Has anyone had to replace the high pressure fuel pump injectors on these Ecoboost engines. Just how bad does that hit the wallet?? While i love the performance from a direct injection engine I want to know what the high mile cost for repairs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just get the plain 1.6L with 5 speed manual and save yourself from having any trouble. Also, all automatic Fiestas are powershift transmissions. Ecoboost engines are all manual in the Fiesta also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just how bad are these powershift transmissions really is OR is it bunch of overly sensitive car owners wanting Rolls-Royce smoothness in 40 MPG package?
Now as I understand it this trans can save fuel but MIGHT have a shudder at Low load/low speed operation. If I am wrong tell me.
I have read you can ID one from Not having a Trans dipstick under the hood.
Is there a certain VIN digit for the trans like there is for a engine?
Anyone know the tans code in the Vin Door sticker for a powershift.
Id like to drive one to make up my own mind.

And Has anyone had to replace the high pressure fuel pump injectors on these Ecoboost engines. Just how bad does that hit the wallet?? While i love the performance from a direct injection engine I want to know what the high mile cost for repairs.
Don’t bother with it at all. I’ve dumped more money into my Ford Fiesta than any other car I’ve owned. I have a 2011 but I driven the 2017, 2018, and 2019 year models as the dealership thinks giving me a newer version of the piece of **** I already own is going to make me buy a new car. Almost 10 years and the upgrades are minimal and the cars still have issues. After 2014 I think they switched back to like an older version of some component in the transmission, but they all still have issues with transmission and drivability. 100% would not buy a Fiesta again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts