Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 118K it's time to sell my Ecoboost - I have just purchased an ST with less than half that.

Problem is, and I'm pretty good at researching before asking questions, is that I can find no comparisons anywhere. There don't seem to be very many for sale. Bluebook says $2K - $6K so not much help there... wide range.

I am the original owner, it's all highway miles. Nothing wrong with the car whatsoever. Still on original brakes with plenty left; original clutch. No mods except gear shift knob. No accidents or damage other than shopping cart rash. No repair work has ever been needed. My mechanic says that due to being driven in a straight line at a constant speed the car 'looks' to have 30K. I commute 70 miles each way and 65 of it I rarely touch a pedal.

Body and interior easily 8/10. Seats have been covered since new. It's the 'Blue Candy' color...

I'd keep it another 100K if it wasn't for the elephant in the room - that $2000 timing belt replacement looms in the near future.

So,... with all that, what do you think I should ask for the car/accept for the car?

·
Registered
652 Posts
At 118K it's time to sell my Ecoboost - I have just purchased an ST with less than half that.

Problem is, and I'm pretty good at researching before asking questions, is that I can find no comparisons anywhere. There don't seem to be very many for sale. Bluebook says $2K - $6K so not much help there... wide range.

I am the original owner, it's all highway miles. Nothing wrong with the car whatsoever. Still on original brakes with plenty left; original clutch. No mods except gear shift knob. No accidents or damage other than shopping cart rash. No repair work has ever been needed. My mechanic says that due to being driven in a straight line at a constant speed the car 'looks' to have 30K. I commute 70 miles each way and 65 of it I rarely touch a pedal.

Body and interior easily 8/10. Seats have been covered since new. It's the 'Blue Candy' color...

I'd keep it another 100K if it wasn't for the elephant in the room - that $2000 timing belt replacement looms in the near future.

So,... with all that, what do you think I should ask for the car/accept for the car?
I realize this is an old post but did you end up selling your Fiesta? I sold mine yesterday to a dealer. It had 163k and still looked, drove and rode great. I informed the sales guy I was dealing with that the timing belt change was due. I had it for sale locally and was priced low enough ($3000) to account for the timing belt change. I was honest and up front and had one guy that was interested but he didn't respond before I got the offer from the dealer. They gave me $3000 for it. So now I'm Fiesta-less. It was a fun car and saved me alot in gas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts