Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my HID'S in and put them in today. Very simple for the most part to do. I was going to do a write up but so wrapped up in doing it that i forgot to take pictures. Here are the pictures. I order 6000k bulbs but they sent me 4300k by accident. I also ordered the Relay Harness. It uses battery power to run the lights instead of pulling power through the factory harness. It takes 70w to turn on the ballast but only 35w to run them. Factory bulbs are 50-55w I ordered the bulbs from Diode Dynamics. They are very good priced, just take a week or 2 to ship... lol

The light beam seams to be pretty good. I know that they are not projectors and throw off extra light. I am just showing people that are interested in this.

If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them. I did not drill anything, just found places around the engine bay to mount everything UNDER the headlights.

Again all pictures taken from my phone. Sorry for any messed up words/phrases. I am very tired... lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!! I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING!!!!!! :p :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
what size are the bulbs? i have a couple 9006 kits laying around, but i don't have my car yet to check.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bulbs for the fiesta are a h11b. I ordered the H11b kit. I have not driven the car at night yet because i have a second vehicle i use for work. But I should find out in the next 2 days and hopefully take some better pictures.. :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
This looks seriously unpleasant and unsafe for any driver going the opposite direction when encountering you on the road.
Its illegal to put HID's in standard Halogen Bowl Headlamp units. He's broken the law and is proudly promoting it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Reaim your bulbs and you'll reduce most the glare. Looks good, did you have to drill the bulb protectors in the housing?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like a road hazard to anyone else on the road with you. Why not do everyone unfortunate enough to have you driving towards them a favor and get actual projectors???

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk7_rh_headlamp_assy_rhd_2385.htm

$288 US per side isn't that bad and honestly, I hope that if you didn't already take them off because they are obviously blinding, that a cop pulls you over and issues you a ticket to do so.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Dislike

This looks seriously unpleasant and unsafe for any driver going the opposite direction when encountering you on the road.
This EXACTLY my opinion too. I hate seeing these in the oncoming lane. It makes it dangerous to drive at night.

·
Registered
447 Posts
HID's will be one of my first modifications. You guys can complain all you want!! I've had HID's in my cars(halogen housings) for 5 years and haven't been pulled over once. It wasn't until i bought a 55W kit that people started flashing their lights at me. As soon as I saw that it bothered people, i switched back to the lower powered units. Night shots of HID's look WAY brighter than they are. I can't believe that so many of you are giving this guy crap about his lights. I drive by cars with aftermarket HID kits all the time real late at night. Doesn't bother me one bit. I think this forum just has too many cranky old people.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the blinder!

You can't expect the glare on the picture to represent what you would actually see at night. I bet it is just fine and as far as the legality of it, that probably differs from state to state. I've never heard of them being a problem in Michigan.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the blinder!

You can't expect the glare on the picture to represent what you would actually see at night. I bet it is just fine and as far as the legality of it, that probably differs from state to state. I've never heard of them being a problem in Michigan.
Its Federal Law that you can not put Xenon's in a Halogen Bowl. It blinds people now matter how low you aim them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its Federal Law that you can not put Xenon's in a Halogen Bowl. It blinds people now matter how low you aim them.
True... but Cadillac Escalade with projectors and HIDS blind me? They should be illegal. My friends Avalanche with Ultra Silverstars blinds me. They should be illegal. Im not saying they are legal. To small a sidewall on a tire on a car is illegal. Hanging stuff from your rear view in some states is illegal. Running any type of Colored light other than Amber is technically illegal. Talking on your phone is illegal in a bunch of states with out hands free is illegal. Tinting headlight and tail light housings are illegal in some states. Changing to a diff housing then what was DOT approved to sell on that car is illegal. Changing just about anything on a car is illegal unless the Manufacturer sells it. its illegal to drop or lift vehicles to much. Its illegal to drive without using your turn signal. Its illegal to not stop fully at a stop light or sign... I see more people not do that than I see HIDS. Seriously i understand where this is going. YES they are illegal. YES i have never had a problem yet with any HID kit i have owned. NO i don't want to blind people. I just wanna make sure I can see the best I can. So please stop complaining. I have already been looking at getting projectors or new housings. Its a new car and there is not a lot of aftermarket yet. I would love the EURO housings. But I have been reading all over they MAY not fit. I don't have an extra 500-600$ sitting around to do that and find out it doesn't work. If I have to remove them I will... Unless you follow all the road rules 100% correct I don't wanna hear another thing from you. I may have bright lights, but i follow the road rules. I set my cruise at the speed limit, ALWAYS use my blinkers, stop at EVERY red light and stop sign. If you don't do any of these. You are a hazard just like these lights are.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts