Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was looking into the Turbo Transformer just to pick up a little more boost for my 1.0, but I saw that it was discontinued. That's when I found this, the Sawyer Tuning ST9 Pro:
https://www.sawyertuning.com/product/best-ford-fiesta-2014-2017-st9pro-max-boost-stage-3-performance-chip-tuner-1-0l-1-6l-ecoboost-engines-35-wheel-ft-lb/

Has anyone here used this, or even heard of the company? It looks like it does the same thing as the Turbo Transformer, which seemed to work pretty well from the other forum posts I've read.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That seems like a boom waiting to happen to me. I know it's super expensive in comparison but changing 1 table in the tune in HP Tuners made a world of difference how the car pulled, especially in first and second. Then after that it's just raising the limits you see it hitting when you log until they don't pop up anymore.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Realistically you're right and I should just save up and tune the right way the first time. The whole concept just seems interesting, yet still just a little too good to be true.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know about their ST9 module, but their Maxx Boost throttle accelerator DEFINITELY boosted my ride! Instant response, like butter. I barely press the gas now and it instantly responds

sawyertuning dot com/product/best-ford-f-150-mustang-maxx-boost-throttle-sprint-controller-booster/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sawyer Tuning actually just sent me an ST9 yesterday. Once I fill up with premium (per their recommendation) and install it I can report back on my findings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far it feels a bit more urgent, like boost comes on a bit harder, but after a while of driving it causes a fault code. Clearing the code causes the car to drive perfectly fine again. I've reached out to them about it and haven't received any helpful information.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pulled it off yesterday since it was throwing the code too often. Everything has been fine since.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Yeah those boxes are not “tuning”. All they do is change the throttle input signal. I’d stay away from those.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one wasn't a throttle modifier, it plugged into the boost pressure sensor. I figured since they sent it to me for free I'd give it a shot but it was more hassle than it was worth.

·
Registered
529 Posts
These are just scalers. I had a Turbo Transformer that worked without throwing codes for testing back in 2014. It only increased boost by 2-3psi.

How these boxes work is the boost sensor signal is intercepted and downscaled for the PCM. The PCM then increases boost to compensate. The problem is if you go too far, the PCM will know something is wrong and throw a code.

Inside is most likely an Arduino Nano/Beetle, about $25 in total parts cost (if that). Code is super simple, I could hammer a project like this out in about 30 mins.

I think Turbo Transformer got fancy and made a Bluetooth app so you could alter the boost range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I never used the ST9 as my vehicle is not a turbo, but I have their maxx boost throttle product and am very happy with the results. No error codes so far and its been installed for a few months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts