Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on the forums used snow chains on their Fiesta? If so what size tires did you have and what style chains did you use?

Before anyone jumps in, yes I know Ford does not recommend the use of chains on the car and that they think that doing so will result in pestilence, fungal rot and the likely end of civilization so please limit replies to either a) I used them and this is how and b) I tried them and they didn’t work and this is why. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Not pestilence or the end of civilization. Certainly the end of your car's stability and traction systems.

No, I've not tried it. Snow tires are so much better to drive on.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Nope - I use snow/ice rated tires from Goodyear. Not full snows - just better than average ratings for those two categories.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone on the forums used snow chains on their Fiesta? If so what size tires did you have and what style chains did you use?

Before anyone jumps in, yes I know Ford does not recommend the use of chains on the car and that they think that doing so will result in pestilence, fungal rot and the likely end of civilization so please limit replies to either a) I used them and this is how and b) I tried them and they didn’t work and this is why. Thanks! :)
Where do you live that you need chains anyways? I live in Wisconsin, and my 5-speed Fiesta has never given me an issue in blizzards or inclement weather...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Going over the Rocky Mountains sometimes requires chains, but I thought studded real snow tires were also acceptable.

And yes they do have police out there checking your car before they let you go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I had to put them on to go to work one day because I live in the Sierra Mountains I also have lived in the San Bernardino Mountains. The one and only time I put them on they broke and destroyed the sensors on the tires but it’s not really that much to fix it it’s only like $130. But it’s still broke it and a car does better without chains on fwd is good except during storms (great for after as long as a jeep doesn’t stop in front have you going up an icy hill as you won’t be able to get going again ) but sometimes they are required up here in the mountains.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts