Fiesta Faction banner

What is your preference, or what did you buy?

• Hatch

Votes: 138 76.2%
  • Sedan

Votes: 43 23.8%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the polls have asked about colors, equipment, buyers' age, but none asked what I think is a basic question of Ford's entire marketing philosophy here in the US; Did you buy the 5-door hatch or the "Americans want a sedan" 4-dr?

·
Registered
413 Posts
SES Hatch automatic

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would Love a 3dr hatch, but am willing to settle for a 5 dr.

It has it's perks but if someone is getting in the back of my sub-compact I think having an extra door for their comfort is the least of my worries.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
This poll already exists as " Are You Getting a Hatch or Sedan? And In What Color? "

I'd provide the link but for some reason the forum rules say doing that is a no-no. :(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the poll you refer to is not in the "Polls" section, but in the "Buzz" area. (why wasn't it moved?) It is on pg. 11 and was from back in April. My intent was to see what buyers were actually purchasing, not their opinion. I wish Ford would break down sales numbers by body style. It just seems like Ford is determined to make the sedan a success, despite apparent opinion to the contrary. After all, there was the expense of design, engineering, and tooling the sedan, plus the obvious costs of a "larger" car, yet a comparable sedan is cheaper than the hatch?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
SES Hatchback 5-Speed manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would Love a 3dr hatch, but am willing to settle for a 5 dr.

It has it's perks but if someone is getting in the back of my sub-compact I think having an extra door for their comfort is the least of my worries.
That's a good point, I too would have preferred a 3-door hatch but 5 door, 5-speed will do.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a hatch, but I bet the sedan will start being more popular when it quits being undersold by clearance Focus on dealer lots.

·
Registered
260 Posts
SE Hatchback, automatic

·
Registered
305 Posts
SES Hatch so I can easily carry larger things in the back of the Fiesta!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It's about time everyone starts to come around to my way of thinking.;) I've been a hatchback buying trendsetter for over 3 decades. :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts