Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very perplexing problem here. I noticed the ambient lighting on my 2011 Fiesta started flashing and then went off all together. At the same time I noticed the lower IP lights (HVAC & shift bezel) were also out. Furthermore, the rear tailights are also not working! I suspect this is all on one fuse but I have yet to be able to identify a fuse for any of the three systems...Does anybody have any experience with this? Does anyone know what Fuse to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Matt
2011Fiesta SE
2011 Explorer
2014 Fiesta SE
1999 MustangGT

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I was going to suggest looking in your owners manual. There is a chart.

BUT ! I looked in my '13 and there is no taillight/parking light fuse listed. There is a couple for stop/directional.

WIERD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the owners manual is the first place I checked. I even went to the dealer and they couldn't find it either.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I would have suspected the interior light fuses would be under/behind the glove box. In case they are not there, you may want to pull the cover off the fuse block under the hood next to the battery and look for corrosion. This is a known issue for the 2011-2012 fiesta.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Very perplexing problem here. I noticed the ambient lighting on my 2011 Fiesta started flashing and then went off all together. At the same time I noticed the lower IP lights (HVAC & shift bezel) were also out. Furthermore, the rear tailights are also not working! I suspect this is all on one fuse but I have yet to be able to identify a fuse for any of the three systems...Does anybody have any experience with this? Does anyone know what Fuse to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Matt
2011Fiesta SE
2011 Explorer
2014 Fiesta SE
1999 MustangGT
Welcome, mhstang1999!

I see you mentioned going to the dealer in the other post; were they able to find any solutions or repairs? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll see how to best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
2 Posts

--Matt
2011Fiesta SE
2011 Explorer
2014 Fiesta SE
1999 MustangGT
The same exact thing happened to me. Did you solve this problem? Was it a fuse and if so which one? Ford - can you help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is exactly what happened to my 2011 Fiesta...ambient lighting started flashing and then went off all together. At the same time I noticed the rear tailights are also not working! Did anyone figure out a solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
SOLVED: For my 2011 fiesta it turned out to be a corroded fuse in the engine bay: [F22 15A** BCM – exterior lighting] Fixed by pulling fuse, cleaning corrosion and re-inserting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this problem creep up today and very thankful I found this post!
I have a 2011 Fiesta SE with 238k miles and have hadissues with shifting and then this failure today. Got home and found my fuse box looking a little fuzzy....
Half of the fuses pulled out in pieces, which was very fun. ?

I HAVE to fix this, But I'm curious if anyone here thinks the dealer may still honor the recall? We never received a recall notice for this, But it's expired in November 2018.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts