Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in desperate need of a small part for my much-loved Ford Fiesta Zetec Sport, 2002. It is the small yellow plastic plug (or connector) which feeds the wire terminals into the temperature sensor in the head and looks a bit like a piece of Lego. The old one burnt out so the wires are now never held in place and therefore the fan comes on permanently as no temperature can be read.

The Ford part is of course obsolete and I have tried breakers and used parts dealers up and down the country with no hint of success. Can anyone make some suggestions, please?

·
Registered
162 Posts
You have a couple of options. If you can find another similar Ford Fiesta Zetec Sport in an auto graveyard, you could cut the wires on the connector from the auto graveyard and then splice them into the wires of your Fiesta. Without seeing the part that the connector fits into, you might be able to directly solder wires to the sensor and then solder those wires to the existing wires in your car. Before soldering, slip some shrink tubing over the wires and then heat them with a heat gun after soldering to insulate each solder joint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts