Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Long time lurker on here, first time poster.

2011 Sedan. Traction control & Hill Start Assist Dash Lights are on, entertainment display shows "Hill start assist not available."

No DTCs of any kind (pcm, abs, srs), and all emissions tests passed.

Anyone had this issue or got any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I had this issue a few months back. However, I was happy to have traction control gone blasted a week or so, then it just reset itself. I know this isn't super helpful, though.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Try disconnection the battery for a few minutes. Maybe that will force reset the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys!

Battery unplug did not work, was first thing I tried. Even ran through the whole long drawn out drive cycle afterwards.

If it disappears after a while I'm fine with it I guess, yellow lights annoy me.. especially when I can't track down the issue. And yes the traction control can be quite... irritating... at times.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hello,
Long time lurker on here, first time poster.

2011 Sedan. Traction control & Hill Start Assist Dash Lights are on, entertainment display shows "Hill start assist not available."

No DTCs of any kind (pcm, abs, srs), and all emissions tests passed.

Anyone had this issue or got any suggestions?
Hi Dascarecrow72,

I can officially welcome you to the forum now!

Have you been to your dealer to have them diagnose your concern? Keep me in the loop with how this progresses.

Meagan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the official welcome!

No offense, but I typically refuse to go to the dealership unless all other options have failed. I find them to be deceitful, and I like to do my work myself.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Welcome to the Faction 72, what mk7 said!! :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys have been searching through these posts for a very long time trying to figure out this issue. I had the hillstart assist light and tcs light turing on and off sporadicly. I also had a weird noise coming from the driverside wheel well when i would hit second gear. It wasnt loud or metal to metal like. It was a kind of slipping sound. Then i also noticed an oil leak (not dripping) where trans meets the engine. So long story short, the hill start assist and tcs lights are due to the flywheel and the slipping sound was due to the clutches. The dealer pulled the trans, put a new flywheel and clutches in and all the problems are gone. It actually feels like a new car. I can feel the car shifting into second gear instead of slipping. Also the car is not as jerky anymore when stopping and going. Hope this helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys have been searching through these posts for a very long time trying to figure out this issue. I had the hillstart assist light and tcs light turing on and off sporadicly. I also had a weird noise coming from the driverside wheel well when i would hit second gear. It wasnt loud or metal to metal like. It was a kind of slipping sound. Then i also noticed an oil leak (not dripping) where trans meets the engine. So long story short, the hill start assist and tcs lights are due to the flywheel and the slipping sound was due to the clutches. The dealer pulled the trans, put a new flywheel and clutches in and all the problems are gone. It actually feels like a new car. I can feel the car shifting into second gear instead of slipping. Also the car is not as jerky anymore when stopping and going. Hope this helps
That is exactly what mine did when the clutches were on their way out. Ended up getting them replaced and the car now drives better than ever and the fuel milage is even better now. Now... if I can only get my 2100 bucks back for the clutch replacement now that the warranty has been extended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this exact problem only on a transit custom fault started intermittent then gradually got worse plugged it in stated nsf nsr osf osr speed sensors and invalid info from.pcm replaced the osf sensor as had damage but also the wheel bearings have a magnetic ring which sends a signal to the sensor. The bearings are not covered very well and debris gets in chewing the bearing case and the magnetic strip that sends signal replaced bearing its all good now. Maybe not the same as yours to correct but worth a look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts