Fiesta Faction banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I couldn't drive my 2011 Fiesta over 55 MPH because the high pitch noise (some can't hear) was NERVE racking. I traded it in for a 2015 Fiesta SE Hatch 1.0L Manual.
So you traded it in for a car with the exact same transmission that is most likely the source of the noise you hate... genius....

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
Neither of my two Fiesta's have this whine with the 2014 having 13k miles and the 2015 with 800 miles. Was the noise present when the car was new or did it develop over time / mileage?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not better in overall quality of lube, lots of people using the Motorcraft lube in other cars to cure gear whine and shifting issues. Only other one that I think might be worth trying is the AMSoil that meets gl4 75w90 specs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some folks would be better off taking a bus/taxi and not driving and or owning a car.

M
In his defense, the cars probably make this noise in varying levels, and the new one might not have it at all (or be much quieter).

Bump to the top on this. Must be a solution somewhere. This car was made for long commutes, which is when the noise is at its worst . . .

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It took somewhere between 500 and 1000 miles for me to notice mine doing this, car had 4 miles on it when I got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get this in my 2011 5-speed also. Not wind-related, but is engine load related. Easing off the throttle even just a tiny bit (e.g. going down hill but at the same speed) reduces the whine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 5sp and have not experienced this. Does it happen in any other gear- if you're crusing @ 60 and downshift to 4th but maintain speed, does the noise change or go away?
Goes away

Also, have you noticed if it is load related or not- does throttle position make a change?
Yes, it is load-related

If you tip in or tip out does it get louder or quieter? tip in? what does that mean?

Does it only happen at 60 or can you get it at different speeds?
Only at 60+ in 5th

If different speeds- is it always the same tone, or does it change slightly with speed- ie. faster vehicle higher pitch? Same tone but the volume varies depending on speed.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts