Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to inspect the aerial connection, given terrible radio reception. The interior light panel by the rear-view mirror comes off, I've watched a video, to give access to the aerial mount connector on the underside of the roof. The best video on YouTube merely says, get your fingers under the rim of the panel, and be brutal, so not terribly helpful as It's not possible to get my fingers under the rim of the panel. Does anyone know how to ease this panel off safely and easily, thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Fiesta SEL
19 Posts
Hi, I want to inspect the aerial connection, given terrible radio reception. The interior light panel by the rear-view mirror comes off, I've watched a video, to give access to the aerial mount connector on the underside of the roof. The best video on YouTube merely says, get your fingers under the rim of the panel, and be brutal, so not terribly helpful as It's not possible to get my fingers under the rim of the panel. Does anyone know how to ease this panel off safely and easily, thanks!
Head to harbor freight and get you a set of Urethane interior tools. These will not only save your fingers, but are what we use at the dealer to make sure we don't mar the panels when removing them. As for the process, check out this video that is a step by step:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Head to harbor freight and get you a set of Urethane interior tools. These will not only save your fingers, but are what we use at the dealer to make sure we don't mar the panels when removing them. As for the process, check out this video that is a step by step:
Thanks, and I'd watched that video already. It shows removal of the light fitting, not the entire panel in which the light fitting sits. I'm wanting to know how to remove the entire ceiling panel on a Mark 7 Fiesta, though it's interesting that you say there are special tools for this to avoid damaging the fittings. I'm in the UK so we don't have the company you mention, but I'm sure there must be an alternative here. Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Fiesta SEL
19 Posts
Thanks, and I'd watched that video already. It shows removal of the light fitting, not the entire panel in which the light fitting sits. I'm wanting to know how to remove the entire ceiling panel on a Mark 7 Fiesta, though it's interesting that you say there are special tools for this to avoid damaging the fittings. I'm in the UK so we don't have the company you mention, but I'm sure there must be an alternative here. Thanks.
Ah, right. Then I'm referring to tools like this.

And are you referring to removing the entire headliner or just the trim panel surrounding the light fixture? If just the light fixture surround, then there ought to be those two screws in the corners as shown in the video that were not removed.

If you're talking about the entire headliner panel, you will need to remove the trims along the A, B and C pillars, the grab handles and coat hooks, all the light fixtures and then use those clip tools to very carefully unclip the foam backed from the roof of the car. For tools, you'll likely need a pick, clip tools, a t25 torx bit, Phillips head bit (recommend a #2), a 14mm socket and wrench to remove the seatbelt retainers from the B-pillar and a fair amount of time and patience. Typically I'll remove the seats when doing a headliner to give myself more room to work inside the vehicle without bending in unnatural ways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, right. Then I'm referring to tools like this.

And are you referring to removing the entire headliner or just the trim panel surrounding the light fixture? If just the light fixture surround, then there ought to be those two screws in the corners as shown in the video that were not removed.

If you're talking about the entire headliner panel, you will need to remove the trims along the A, B and C pillars, the grab handles and coat hooks, all the light fixtures and then use those clip tools to very carefully unclip the foam backed from the roof of the car. For tools, you'll likely need a pick, clip tools, a t25 torx bit, Phillips head bit (recommend a #2), a 14mm socket and wrench to remove the seatbelt retainers from the B-pillar and a fair amount of time and patience. Typically I'll remove the seats when doing a headliner to give myself more room to work inside the vehicle without bending in unnatural ways.
Thanks very much, no I don't want to remove the entire headliner. The link to the tools you sent is very useful to see, looks like plastic bicycle tyre levers might also work. Your video looks like a slightly different model of Fiesta from mine. MIne looks like the light trim panel in the first few seconds of this video, and my mystery is, he just flips it down without effort, but mine is diazzlingly tight, and feels like one could really do it damage to flip it down. Take a look at this.

·
Registered
2015 Fiesta SEL
19 Posts
Thanks very much, no I don't want to remove the entire headliner. The link to the tools you sent is very useful to see, looks like plastic bicycle tyre levers might also work. Your video looks like a slightly different model of Fiesta from mine. MIne looks like the light trim panel in the first few seconds of this video, and my mystery is, he just flips it down without effort, but mine is diazzlingly tight, and feels like one could really do it damage to flip it down. Take a look at this.
Ah, so it looks like there are no actual screws and it's just friction fittings holding them in, if much closer to the video you linked. In that case, some of those older friction clips can be a bit stubborn and will require a bit of elbow grease to get out. In this case, use the linked video to note where approximately those clips are and use a flat bladed tool (a flathead screwdriver works if nothing else) to try and push those clips inward a bit to ease their grip on the metal of the body. Judging by the video, I would personally attempt working from the short side of the light fixture rather than the long side, as that's where the clips lie. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts