Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are four Ford dealers in my area that I can purchase from my Fiesta from - but I want to make sure that the after sales treatment is going to be fair. Are their any dealerships review websites to check?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Best way I know is personal recommendation from someone who has dealt with a particular dealer and more importantly a particular salesman. So what area are you looking in?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Usually word of mouth is the best. Unfortunately, there's no real formal "rating system" for particular dealerships. Ask around, even maybe some people you see that have bought their cars from "Dealer X". I find that if people have had negative experiences, they'll be more than happy to share...and vice versa :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you google "ford dealerships in [city, state]" the top of the results will show a map of dealerships in that city. Under each of the descriptions of the dealerships on the map, there's an option to read reviews. Not perfect, but it'll at least give you a sense of how they treat their customers.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
When I decided to order a Fiesta, I took the time and visited the 4 closest Ford dealers in my area. I told them I was interested in the Fiesta and shopping dealers to decide which one of them I would place my order through. I specifically told them, "Give me your best price on a 5-door SE with Powershift and Rapid spec 202." I also told them that price is not my only concern and that service after the sale is very important. And asked "What makes your service department better than the others."

I quickly figured out who to place my order with. Not only did I get a really great price but I also ended up with the dealership that had the best trained service employees. A few of these guys have been working there since the 70's.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I quickly figured out who to place my order with. Not only did I get a really great price but I also ended up with the dealership that had the best trained service employees. A few of these guys have been working there since the 70's.
I wasn't aware that anyone had successfully negotiated the price on the Fiesta. With only about $650 profit in the car I can't imagine that there's much bargaining room there. Care to share just how much off you got?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wasn't aware that anyone had successfully negotiated the price on the Fiesta. With only about $650 profit in the car I can't imagine that there's much bargaining room there. Care to share just how much off you got?
Contrary to popular opinion, there are quite a few fees that you can get the dealer to waive if you know about them. I've seen dealers charge $300 just to fill the gas tank and place plastic on the interior.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The time to negotiate was a few months ago when there was very little interest in the Fiesta. 3 of the 4 dealers said I was the first person to even come in and ask about it. So, they were very willing to negotiate just to get an order on the books. I'm not going to say what I paid but Dealer Invoice is not what the dealer pays for the car. For the Fiesta, they pay at least $480 below what the invoice says. In other words they can sell below invoice and still make a fair profit.

But, now that cars are starting to arrive on the dealer's lots and excitement is high, it would be very difficult to get very much below MSRP. Dealers have no reason to negotiate at this point since the demand for the Fiesta will be higher than stock for, I would guess, at least the entire summer and into fall.

In any case, even if you now pay MSRP for a Fiesta, you're getting a really great car for the money.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Email them in mass via Edmonds or Cars and they show their colors in their replies pretty clearly. At least from my experience.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I visited the Ford dealer closest to where I work during the Fiesta movement last year to see if they had any info and they had a Mountune Fiesta in the showroom. Later on when I got my reservation code and went in to order my Fiesta they ordered it without asking for any "deposit" money. I get X-plan so they showed me the invoice and I didn't need to argue over pricing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts