Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reserved my Fiesta last friday. It was already being made to go to another dealership here in Oklahoma City and I was told today that it is sitting in Mexico waiting to be shipped. Anyone have any idea how long it should take to get here from Mexico once it ships?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I reserved my Fiesta last friday. It was already being made to go to another dealership here in Oklahoma City and I was told today that it is sitting in Mexico waiting to be shipped. Anyone have any idea how long it should take to get here from Mexico once it ships?
Friday to today doesn't even seem possible. It normally has taken a few weeks to go from order to build.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Friday to today doesn't even seem possible. It normally has taken a few weeks to go from order to build.
Sorry, I guess I didn't clarify.
The dealership on the northside of OKC ordered a car for their inventory that just so happened to be to my exact specifications except it was Tuxedo Black (the color I wanted before I saw Candy Red Metallic).
Since they ordered it before for their inventory I knew it was coming because I have been talking to a salesman for weeks and he was looking for what I wanted (SES, 301a Rapid Spec, Black Leather, power moon roof).
I was told at that point that the car should be delivered to the dealership on the north side within 2 weeks. It is the same dealership, just another location so they would sell it to me from the south side dealership.
This last Friday I filled out the paper work and placed a deposit on the car so no one else could buy it.

So I did not order it, but reserved it mid-shipment to dealer inventory.

Can anyone could give a ballpark time frame of what to expect from the car sitting waiting to be shipped in Mexico to sitting at the dealership ready for me to pick it up?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can anyone could give a ballpark time frame of what to expect from the car sitting waiting to be shipped in Mexico to sitting at the dealership ready for me to pick it up?
Judging from prior posts on this subject, anywhere from 3 weeks to 3+ months, depending on weather conditions (you know, like hurricanes and other violent acts of nature) or the whims of a shipping department that seems to love pissing people off. :D

Seriously, I don't think there is a set timeframe for a car to be delivered. At least not yet.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Soon?

When I placed my order on August 4th the dealer told me it could be as long as 10 weeks or as little as 3. I don't have a VIN though, and more recently was told to expect that on Friday. I hope to get the car by the end of September, but am in no rush (other than pure gimme-gimme-love for the Fiesta).

·
Registered
260 Posts
If your dealer has the VIN # of the car they can run a Vehicle Visibility Report and can track the shipping status.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I placed my order on August 4th the dealer told me it could be as long as 10 weeks or as little as 3. I don't have a VIN though, and more recently was told to expect that on Friday. I hope to get the car by the end of September, but am in no rush (other than pure gimme-gimme-love for the Fiesta).
My timeline so far:

Order placed July 20
VIN received August 5
Into production August 16

So far it has been 4 weeks since I placed the order and the car is just being built this week. Don't know how long it will take after production to get to Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It might sit in Mexico for 2 and 1/2 months before shipping. So, I think Paradocks estimates are pretty good. 3 weeks to 3 months. Mine is almost at 3 months.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your dealer has the VIN # of the car they can run a Vehicle Visibility Report and can track the shipping status.
I believe the VIN is on my purchase agreement. Is there anywhere I can track it if I have the VIN?

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
You can call your dealer or Ford Customer Support (I assume).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I finally got a hold of someone that can help me at the dealership, they said it is saying in transit. I believe my first salesman (who has since quit) said that a week and a half ago, but then my new salesman yesterday said it was sitting in Mexico, waiting to be shipped. If it is on rails and its way here, how long can that really take? I'm in OKC, which is less than a days drive from Mexico and I think it is a central hub for the rails.
Anyone else have any insight or insider knowledge of how Ford uses rails?

·
Banned
528 Posts
Nogales Arizona

I live in Dallas, and mine crossed in Nogales Mex/Nogales Arizona and go north to Tuscon (Union Pacific) and then go east to Fort Worth. I would imagine yours would follow the same route, and go north at Ft. Worth to OKC either on rail or on Allied transport truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The plant that builds the Fiesta is a long ways from the border. That said, once it is actually on a train, it shouldn't take too long.
I think it took a week on the train, then 3 days to get loaded on a carrier and delivered to the dealer.
Mine was built, then sat on the ramp at the factory for two months before being loaded on the train. I doubt that will happen to you though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I just talked to my dealer. They said it was on the train, but will probably still take 3 weeks. I'm not sure if they are just saying that so I won't bother them and be grateful when it comes in early, or if it really takes that long.
They did say it would have to clear customs, then go through Arizona (like dfw.embalmer said) then come to OKC by train.
I can't imagine that taking 3 weeks!!! I can drive to Tuscon Arizona and be there in 14 hours. Give me another day and a half and I can drive through Mexico and be in Belize!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is really frustrating. I ordered mine in late April. It was supposedly built on 7/7. Supposedly shipped on 8/6. My dealer knows nothing about a delivery date. As I told him, he has until 8/31, then its his. This has just reaffirmed my faith in non-American car makers. This would have been my 1st purchase from a US company in 20+years. I tried.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is really frustrating. I ordered mine in late April. It was supposedly built on 7/7. Supposedly shipped on 8/6. My dealer knows nothing about a delivery date. As I told him, he has until 8/31, then its his. This has just reaffirmed my faith in non-American car makers. This would have been my 1st purchase from a US company in 20+years. I tried.
Please let me know when yours comes in.
Based on what hotelarizona says it should hopefully come in soon, although you being in Ohio, I believe they boat it to Baltimore then truck it to your dealership. I would imagine that would be about 2 weeks tops, so maybe you'll get it soon.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ETA?

I received an email update from my dealer which I am trying to decipher. The report header says Tracking Details and has the following information:

Primary: In Production
Secondary: Sent to Plant
Vehicle Location: Ford Mexico Cuautitlan Assembly, EM
Status Date / Time: Aug-11-2010
ETA: *Sep-13-2010

Does anybody know if the ETA is the estimated time that my car will be delivered? Or does it stand for something else?

·
Registered
316 Posts
My timeline so far:

Order placed July 20
VIN received August 5
Into production August 16

So far it has been 4 weeks since I placed the order and the car is just being built this week. Don't know how long it will take after production to get to Pennsylvania.
My dealer hasn't updated me since he gave me a VIN (July 19) and said my order was submitted. Hopefully based on your dates, I will get mine early September.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Well, they are plenty of stock units out there

Dealers are starting to get stock....just go buy one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Dealers are starting to get stock....just go buy one.
I don't want to settle. I want an SES 5-door in Tuxedo Black or Red Candy Metallic with leather, moonroof, and the 301 Rapid. I looked around OKC and I even checked out Dallas and they both had nothing that is what I'm looking for, so for now I'll just wait for my car to arrive.

It seems some dealerships are getting some stock, but they may not carry exactly what ppl are looking for.
I know it seems that a lot of ppl are complaining about the shipping, but right now most of us don't have any choice other than to wait.

Sometimes I want my cake and to eat it too. I know I'm making the choice not to settle and so I shouldn't whine about the wait, but I know I'll enjoy it that much more when I do get it.

BTW, I plan to head down to DFW area labor day weekend if you want to compare Fiestas. IF mine is in by then. *sigh*

***Paradocks*** ETA should mean Estimated Time of Arrival. I'm sure that is when they are expecting it, but I would be skeptical of that date sadly. I would probably expect it about a week later than that based on what I've been reading, then again it seems rail has been causing problems while boats have steadily been stocking the East coast, so I hope you do get it then.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts