Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just did this install today with Audrey's excellent tutorial.

Just wanted to answer some questions cause the Boomerang version didn't come with any hardware for me.

You will need:

• 18 - 22 AWG wires. Cut to 5" length.
  • 18 - 22 AWG butt connectors. Optional: use ones with heat shrink already on them or find uninsulated connectors and buy a strip of heat shrink.
  • BE8Z-17408-A, Rear Window Washer Hose. Cut to 5" length. Optional: go to an auto parts store and get one.
The wires on my car were 20 AWG. I extended them with 18 AWG I had on hand and bought some heat shrink connectors. Then double wrapped in electrical tape. I only ever want to do this once and it needs to survive many winters. The heat shrink worked beautifully so there's no chance of moisture.

On my 2012 there is 1 inch of washer hose between the spray nozzle and another plastic connector which connects to the main rear hose. I removed the 1 inch section and extended with the 5" washer length. If you don't have that new connector then the OEM hose comes with the connector shown in Audrey's pics for you to use.

Totally worth the money and Ford should have just made this the stock spoiler for North America.
Add this to the original instructions for perpetuity. Thank you for the info!

how much was that spoiler? did it come painted?
Mine was a gift from Telero for Christmas, so I don't know the price exactly. You could PM him and ask. I do believe he got it on sale from Steeda though. It came painted black, but I had it painted to match my Fiesta's Monterey Grey. You can also buy them unpainted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for this! Got a ST spoiler for my 2019 SE and will use this when I do it.
Found this via Google and it's brilliant and so is the site!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts