Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone order their car with the illuminated packeage on it? and if you did is there a switch to turn the system off? Thinking of ordering my car with it. So any feedback on it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what exactly lights up then in the pictures it was the shifter and door sills anything else?

·
Registered
947 Posts
There's no on/off switch, its always on.
That's not correct. The same button that cycles thru the different colors has an "off color". The passenger floor, the dash above the glove box, and the cup holders light up for sure. Not sure about the other stuff, I don't have that.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's not correct. The same button that cycles thru the different colors has an "off" color. The passenger floor, the dash above the glove box, and the cup holders light up for sure. Not sure about the other stuff, I don't have that.
Also the drivers floorboard and the rear seat floorboards.
I tried all the colors on the way home from the dealer and haven't decided yet between the dark blue and the red.
I guess I can use them based on my mood while driving. If I am calm then go with the light or dark blue. If I am feeling aggrevated with a driver around me then change it to the red and pull up beside them and put horns on my head, at least until I get the windows tinted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMTech so how do you feel about the package though overall do you like it? is it worth it? I'm seriously thinking about getting it

·
Registered
984 Posts
LMTech so how do you feel about the package though overall do you like it? is it worth it? I'm seriously thinking about getting it
I am still not sure about it because it adds a reflection in the passenger side window at night. It is on anytime the car is on but it is hard to see in the daytime.
Everyone that I have shown the car to has noticed them and thinks they look cool though.
I don't think I regret getting them but then again they are standard on the SES so I didn't really have a choice. If I decide at anytime that they become to much of a distraction then I do have the option of turning them off which I wouldn't have if I didn't have them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am still not sure about it because it adds a reflection in the passenger side window at night. It is on anytime the car is on but it is hard to see in the daytime.
Everyone that I have shown the car to has noticed them and thinks they look cool though.
I don't think I regret getting them but then again they are standard on the SES so I didn't really have a choice. If I decide at anytime that they become to much of a distraction then I do have the option of turning them off which I wouldn't have if I didn't have them.
The package options confuse me, even working for ford. I have the illuminated shift knob and illuminated door sills for me SE (still awaiting the door sills to arrive), but I don't think I'm get the actual illumination inside the car.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The package options confuse me, even working for ford. I have the illuminated shift knob and illuminated door sills for me SE (still awaiting the door sills to arrive), but I don't think I'm get the actual illumination inside the car.
I thought you already had the car ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I thought you already had the car ?
I do, its a dealer installed option.

Basically Ford gets lazy so the dealer has to install the stuff.

When I bought the car it had nothing, luckily I decided to ask my salesmen for the window sticker, then I realized all the stuff I was supposed to get, and sure enough it started showing up with orange labels.

I got a keyless entry pad, the illuminated shift knob, rear cargo mat, front and rear all weather mats.

Supposedly still coming in for my car are the illuminated door sills.

These are all dealer installed options, which means I already paid for them on my window sticker, but they don't get installed at the dock they get installed at the dealership.

Edit - The illumination package is what confuses me though, on my window sticker its $410, which is the price for the illuminated shifter and door sills. So I guess I don't get the interior glow thing?

·
Registered
984 Posts
So I guess I don't get the interior glow thing?
The ambient lighting has a switch just under and to the right ( passenger side ) of the A/C control head. If you don't have the switch then I would say you don't have the ambient lighting feature.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The ambient lighting has a switch just under and to the right ( passenger side ) of the A/C control head. If you don't have the switch then I would say you don't have the ambient lighting feature.
I stopped being dumb and decided to research a bit more in fmcdealer, only the SEL Sedan and SES Hatch come with ambient lighting, lol

·
Banned
528 Posts
You, sir/ma'am are WRONG

I stopped being dumb and decided to research a bit more in fmcdealer, only the SEL Sedan and SES Hatch come with ambient lighting, lol
I have a SE Sedan with Premium Sync/Sound, Ambient lighting, stainless steel sill plates........you can get it the SE if you ORDER it that way. My SE is much better equiped than a couple of SES I have seen, including keypad entry.

·
Banned
528 Posts
You didn't ask before you signed on the dotted line?

I do, its a dealer installed option.

Basically Ford gets lazy so the dealer has to install the stuff.

When I bought the car it had nothing, luckily I decided to ask my salesmen for the window sticker, then I realized all the stuff I was supposed to get, and sure enough it started showing up with orange labels.

I got a keyless entry pad, the illuminated shift knob, rear cargo mat, front and rear all weather mats.

Supposedly still coming in for my car are the illuminated door sills.

These are all dealer installed options, which means I already paid for them on my window sticker, but they don't get installed at the dock they get installed at the dealership.

Edit - The illumination package is what confuses me though, on my window sticker its $410, which is the price for the illuminated shifter and door sills. So I guess I don't get the interior glow thing?
You should have asked these questions before you paid..........sounds like you might be getting less than you paid for. I bet if you got illumination, you got the whole kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a SE Sedan with Premium Sync/Sound, Ambient lighting, stainless steel sill plates........you can get it the SE if you ORDER it that way. My SE is much better equiped than a couple of SES I have seen, including keypad entry.
If you have the push button ignition, then there really is no need for the keypad because you would just have the fob in your pocket and just push the little button to open the doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So the only way to get a true interior lighting kit you have to get the ses? Why even offer it on the se then if you only get the shifter and door sills, it doesn't seem worth the money to me for those.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like the Ambient Lighting 100% looks great and gives the car some flavor at night, all of the colors are good looking too. All of my friends and girlfriend like the ambient lighting as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone know about how much the ambient lighting kit costs?
$227 for kit at partscheap.com:
Partscheap.com - Ford and Honda Parts and Accessories at Discount prices! Ford Mustang parts at discount prices!

Also, reading through this entire thread, are we all square on the difference between "Ambient Lighting" (or, "the interior glow thing"), available only on SEL/SES, and the "Illuminated Interior Accessory Package"?

Hey, DelayedZ - did you ever get your Illuminated Shift Knob and Door Sills installed? What do you think? (or did I miss that post some place else?)

Tell you what, I sure am glad I found this forum so I can learn a bunch of this stuff before I go buy a new car!:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
LED lights are an available accessory: Part Detail

doesn't say what it fits, but I imagine it is SE since it is standard in SES.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts