Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
eh, i don't really like the style at all... I much prefer the robot/insect look of the fiesta.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The current Aveo is relatively roomy inside, but otherwise does not give one much reason to choose it over the competition. Whether the new one is competitive depends on what is not apparent from the pictures, like ride, handling, acceleration, braking, fuel economy, etc..

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Indoctrinated Early

I don't like the way it looks. Also, I was raised a Ford girl and have an inexplicable dislike for Chevy.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
It is not bad looking, but very plain, boring, and typical GM. The show car looks good with the huge wheels, but the production car will end up with some very pedestrian wheels and tires. From a style standpoint, the Fit and Fiesta are the best looking B-segment cars made.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The current Aveo is relatively roomy inside, but otherwise does not give one much reason to choose it over the competition.
I parked my hatchback beside a new 2010 Aveo this morning. It was still wearing dealer tags. I'd take my Fiesta any day over that model.

Like Audrey, I have always preferred Fords over Chevys. That's how my Daddy raised me!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Heh, the Chevrolet Aveo LT made Consumer Reports' ten worst car list, although it is "only" the 9th worst new car sold today, ahead of the Dodge Nitro SLT, but tied with the Toyota FJ Cruiser. (Ford's only entry that made the "worst of the worst" list was the Ford Ranger XLT V6.)

Other than a tight turning radius, the chintzy Daewoo-produced Aveo doesn't offer much. The engine delivers slow acceleration and returns just 26 mpg overall, which isn't impressive for such a small car. Handling lacks agility, with imprecise steering and lots of body lean. The ride is jittery and noise is constant -- Consumer Reports: Expert product reviews and product Ratings from our test labs
It's hard to believe that with reviews like that, anyone would be willing to cough up the $12-15K needed to drive a new one off the lot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The C pillar is thick and the large plastic area for the rear door handle is ugly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It also looks as though they forget to design a gauge cluster and then slapped one on at the last minute (if they stay true to the concept)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks like somebody shrunk a GTI, then stuffed a Kia Soul into it, then felt compelled to graft on that stupid crossbar grille Chevy's currently obsessed with.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Looks like somebody shrunk a GTI, then stuffed a Kia Soul into it, then felt compelled to graft on that stupid crossbar grille Chevy's currently obsessed with.

That was exactly what I thought too.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It's not bad. I almost like it because it looks like a Fiesta! Is GM being a kopy-Kat? Boy, alot of the subcompacts are starting to look the same. I like where the rear passenger door handles are at near the glass. Aside from design and looks, you couldn't pay me to drive an Aveo. I too, have read enough about their poor quality. Who's engine is it; a Daewoo? Is that a snowmobile engine? Good luck GM.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It's not bad. I almost like it because it looks like a Fiesta! Is GM being a kopy-Kat? Boy, alot of the subcompacts are starting to look the same. I like where the rear passenger door handles are at near the glass. Aside from design and looks, you couldn't pay me to drive an Aveo. I too, have read enough about their poor quality. Who's engine is it; a Daewoo? Is that a snowmobile engine? Good luck GM.
Has it been awhile since you've gone in for a vision check? :D I do not see what you're seeing.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Meanwhile, a decade ago in Europe ...
In those examples, you barely notice them. The Chevy is so painfully obvious, I'm amazed they didn't add plastic chrome to the handle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts