Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I finally got the chance to get over to my brother's house and get started on modding my Fiesta. We installed the Mountune air filter and shifter. I will say installing the shifter took some time and was not easy to get to. You have to remove the center console. The car goes together much easier than it comes apart. The new Mountune STS is very nice! It really transforms driving the car. No more telephone pole shifter.

The air filter was easy. We also started to wrap the intake tube with sliver foil tape. Once that is all done, we will wrap it with gold foil tape. This will help keep the intake air temps lower. He did this with his ST and using his Accessport data logger, noticed a drop in the intake temp. It is cheap, looks cool, and does work.

The turbo and blow off valve does sound a little louder with the different air filter. Driving, really can't tell any difference.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can't see your signature, but do you have the 1.0L or the 1.6L?

Any links to the Mountune shifter you bought?

Edit: nevermind, saw turbo, so I assume it's the 1.0L :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
If you look closely, the nipple to attach the shift cable to is raised a pinch on the Mountune shifter. The difference in throw is more likely because of this.

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'd need to compare it to a stock unit, the only one I'm certain about is the CFM because I compared it to my stock unit before install and there is maybe another quarter inch they could raise the cable end before hitting surrounding plastic.

But the Mountune only says 15% which makes me think it is all for the lever length.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I sit pretty far back in mine. I'm wondering if this short shifter requires you to have gorilla arms to reach it? I don't have t-rex arms or anything like that but it seems like a shortened lever would be harder to reach?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have short arms and my seat is as far back as I can have it, and with the Mountune STS, it makes it easier to shift. Now 5th gear isn't so far away.

With the Mountune shifter, it has all new stiffer bushings installed. The feel is really great.

I went with Mountune because of their racing history. They supply a lot of race teams and work directly with Ford on their cars. When you see the WRC and GRC Fiesta's with Mountune parts on it, I trust their engineering. Their upgrade kits have also been approved by Ford and do not void your warranty, when installed by a dealer.

·
Registered
939 Posts
In the uk it doesn't void your warranty. It will here.

When I asked a ford dealership here if they knew what mountune was they had no idea.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is taken directly from Mountune's website:

"Each mountune MP performance upgrade is developed to internal Ford Motor Company standards and therefore does not affect your vehicle’s warranty. To comply with your vehicle’s warranty requirements, the mountune MP performance upgrade must be installed at mountune or any Ford dealer. Additionally the mountune MP performance upgrade is vehicle emissions compliant in all 50 states."
Link: http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Focus-ST-MP275-Performance-Upgrade-s/1826.htm

Yes, your right most dealerships have no idea what Mountune is. When I bought my car, I wanted snow tires part of the deal. We got 140" of snow last year. The dealership would not order the snow tires until the car arrived because they didn't want to be stuck with these specialized tires that they would not be able to sell. I think you could sell snow tires in this area with no problems. Now I will say, not all dealerships are like this.

I worked in parts at a dealer that was a SVT, Saleen, and Ford Performance Parts dealer. They sold and installed superchargers and other Ford Performance parts to keep the factory warranty. They were cool about people bringing modded cars in for service. Even the body shop did restorations and body kits. If people wanted to pay, they would do it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I used to work at a dealer (as a salesman but still haha)

Generally you have to pay them to install parts you bought through them. And even then if something happens after a supercharger install it's the dealership that gives you a limited warranty on it. Not directly through ford since it isn't a factory installed part.

Just make sure you get that shiz in writing that it won't affect warranty so you won't get screwed haha.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Yes I have the 1.0L EcoBoost Fiesta.

There is only one Mountune STS for the 5-speed Fiesta's. Here is the Link:
http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Short-Throw-Shifter-Fiesta-5-Speed-p/2130-sts-aa.htm

Here is a link to the Instagram pic I took of the factory one next to the Mountune one:
http://instagram.com/p/wpuOvuP3Gq/?modal=true

Hey Brandon - I am curious how much the pivot ball is raised with the Mountune. Do you have and side shots with the side by side with the stock shifter?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Brandon, it would have been most excellent if you had taken pictures and posted a DIY tutorial for the "mechanically challenged" here (I'm one of them). I looked at the shifter conversion kit on the mountune site, but saw no PDF file for installation instructions. You know what they say about a "picture worth a thousand words". :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Brandon - I am curious how much the pivot ball is raised with the Mountune. Do you have and side shots with the side by side with the stock shifter?
Sorry to say but I didn't take the shot. I don't remember what the difference was for that.

Brandon, it would have been most excellent if you had taken pictures and posted a DIY tutorial for the "mechanically challenged" here (I'm one of them). I looked at the shifter conversion kit on the mountune site, but saw no PDF file for installation instructions. You know what they say about a "picture worth a thousand words". :)
When we did the install, we were under the gun for time to get everything done. So, we didn't take pictures of it coming apart or going back together. It does come with instructions, and they get you close to how to do it. I think it took us under an hour to do the shifter. There is a trim removable tool that helped a lot. Getting the trim around the HVAC, center console, and shifter around the cables were the hardest part. With the center console the USB port makes it so you can't full remove the console without removing the USB port. I didn't want to remove the USB port, so we just pushed it off to the side. If you PM me, I can give you some more instructions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts