Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To be honest, i'm not even sure if EUDM Fiestas with the 1.6L Ti-VCT have this, but our air box in the non-turbo 1.6L has an additional connection for a crankcase vent with a breather filter. The ST does not have this connection onto the air box. Also, the snorkel pipe is different, but a very inexpensive part to obtain (> $10, part # CN1Z-9C675-A) and connects to the same place in the bumper just fine. Mountune's non-ST support here in the US is certainly disappointing, but at least we can work to get a few of the parts to fit across models. I'm looking forward to an exhaust, as a cat-back should work as well with little to no modification.

Also, if you notice the top-left corner of the air box, there's two screw holes. The top one is used by the USDM Fiesta ST, as far as we know for sure. The lower hole is used by the USDM standard 1.6L (also, as far as we know). So does the box cover for the Fiesta ST in Europe also uses the lower hole, or have the Mountune engineers designed it to accommodate more engines than they're letting on about?

Mountune Airbox by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know its been a while since this post...but thank you for posting this. Its the only install I could find online for the base 1.6. I hope its worth the trouble. Will be doing this within the next week or so. Im surprised more people havent done it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts