Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I'm new here got my Fiesta almost a year ago! First car and wouldn't have done it any different!
Glad that i finally found a decent forum!

Has anyone added an k&n intake to a 1.6? besides tone any change in performance? any recommended kits?

What about an exhaust kit?
I'm over in Germany currently and want to get a little more out of my Fiesta to take her on the ring later in the year :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too, signed up just the other day. We also happen to have the same car. I have a 2015 SE manual in black.

Anyway, I'm not sure what is available over there in Germany. But I'd recommend the R2C short ram if you can get your hands on it. It costs $150 USD and although may not be a true cai, a lot of people recommend it in this forum. The website says it'll give you 9 horsepower but it's really no more than 3. But the real benefits are the improved induction sound and slight increase in throttle response. It might possibly increase fuel efficiency slightly too.

As for exhaust, I'd get whichever kit sounds best to you or that you can find for cheap. There's a sticky here that has sound clips of them all.

Are you planning on doing suspension mods as well? If so, the popular combo here seems to be the Corksport torsen bar, FRPP handling pack, and sticky tires.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2015 and went with the FSWerks intake personally. I know a lot of people with the newer Fiestas were going for R2C or Injen but I really loved the look of the wrinkle black finish on the FSWerks model. That being said I did have to make a cover for the MAF sensor hole on the intake tube.

As far as exhaust goes, you can get a Borla full cat-back system from their site for only $399.99 right now if I'm not mistaken. It's definitely the deepest sounding exhaust I've heard for the Fiesta.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2015 and went with the FSWerks intake personally. I know a lot of people with the newer Fiestas were going for R2C or Injen but I really loved the look of the wrinkle black finish on the FSWerks model. That being said I did have to make a cover for the MAF sensor hole on the intake tube.

As far as exhaust goes, you can get a Borla full cat-back system from their site for only $399.99 right now if I'm not mistaken. It's definitely the deepest sounding exhaust I've heard for the Fiesta.
How do you like the FSWerks? I havent done anything to my car yet, same as yours, and want to make improvements. I dont have much money though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do you like the FSWerks? I havent done anything to my car yet, same as yours, and want to make improvements. I dont have much money though.
I'm still very happy with the intake. The finish on it looks great and it sounds good too. Realistically I wouldn't expect any performance improvements but for me the noise alone was worth it since it honestly just makes me enjoy driving my Fiesta more. Looking at their site though they might not be making that intake anymore. Regardless it did require making a blocking plate for the MAF sensor hole anyways since it was made for the Fiesta Mk7. I've heard great things about the R2C intake especially given it's price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
FRPP makes an exhaust system for the Fiesta. Shop around, it's actually pretty reasonable in price.
It installS fairly easy being engineered by Ford and using existing mounts for the exhaust system.

Best option IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm getting an Injen intake because it looked like one of the few best options for the Fiesta ST. And I was thinking about getting an MRT Rallisport exhaust because it sounds so good and it's rally inspired. My friend saw the exhaust and told me to just do a muffler delete. But I don't want to do any cutting on my car whatsoever. Anybody approve of that intake and exhaust?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting an Injen intake because it looked like one of the few best options for the Fiesta ST. And I was thinking about getting an MRT Rallisport exhaust because it sounds so good and it's rally inspired. My friend saw the exhaust and told me to just do a muffler delete. But I don't want to do any cutting on my car whatsoever. Anybody approve of that intake and exhaust?
I just bought a K&N filter and i feel slight improvment in throttle respnse, e deleted the muffler and i might thnk about get a whole exhaust system, probably from flowmaster or somthing

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ended up getting an MBRP catback. It sounds great and I can feel a slight power increase. I also got the Injen intake but I’m worried because the website said it’s for the 2014-2015 model and I have a 2016. I read that the 2016 model has an extra vacuum line. Anybody think I’ll have any problems installing this intake?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I got an Injen cold air intake for my 2016 Fiesta ST. It said it was for the 2014-2015 model though. I'm hearing that the difference between my car and those models is that mine has an extra vacuum line. Will I have trouble installing the intake?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
So I got an Injen cold air intake for my 2016 Fiesta ST. It said it was for the 2014-2015 model though. I'm hearing that the difference between my car and those models is that mine has an extra vacuum line. Will I have trouble installing the intake?
Yes, it will throw an emissions code without the extra vacuum line connected properly. I can't confirm any drivability issues that may happen as a result though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Injen intake installation complete. There was indeed an extra vacuum line that my friend and I had to figure out what to do with. I bought a PCV valve and rubber hosing. My friend realized that a PCV valve wouldn't help. So we cut the hosing and connected everything. The infamous CEL showed its ugly face. The car runs just fine though despite the slightly higher idle and occasional surging. I may just need a tune.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What do you think of the Ingen intake so far? Besides the issues from the vacuum line does throttle response feel better?

Are you in an automatic or stick?
It's a manual I connected both vacuum lines but I am getting a CEL now. I heard that the PCV valve wouldn't help so I didn't bother connecting it. The Injen intake is awesome otherwise. It sounds greats and I do feel a bit more power. But I wonder if I need a tune now.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Will an accessport resolve the issue? My car idles very strangely now. It worries me.
Vacuum lines are a super screwy thing sometimes. On my 2011 there is a vacuum line running through the engine bay that had this little junction tree on it. There is nothing else connected to it - one line going in the top end, 2 capped off nubs and one line continuing out the bottom. No obvious reason for the junction at all. But if I take the junction out and just use a fitting to connect both of the main hoses together.... all sorts of weird things happen with the way the car feels and runs.

Junction in; runs fine. Junction removed; gremlins.

Obviously Ford added that extra vacuum line for a reason.... I can't even begin to tell you what it might be though.

An accessport might lead you to the issue, but I don't know if it will help you resolve it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Vacuum lines are a super screwy thing sometimes. On my 2011 there is a vacuum line running through the engine bay that had this little junction tree on it. There is nothing else connected to it - one line going in the top end, 2 capped off nubs and one line continuing out the bottom. No obvious reason for the junction at all. But if I take the junction out and just use a fitting to connect both of the main hoses together.... all sorts of weird things happen with the way the car feels and runs.

Junction in; runs fine. Junction removed; gremlins.

Obviously Ford added that extra vacuum line for a reason.... I can't even begin to tell you what it might be though.

An accessport might lead you to the issue, but I don't know if it will help you resolve it.

Thanks for the input! My COBB access port should arrive any day now. Hopefully it'll help me find out what's going on. I'll also see if a PCV valve will help. It helped the issue according to a member of another forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still having issues. The maps on the COBB accessport didn't help. In fact, the accessport would always alert me to codes and misfires. I've tried everything to resolve the issue. I now have an MBRP CBE, Injen CAI, Turbosmart BOV, Turbosmart wastegate actuator and Mishimoto intercooler lines. Whatever I do, I'm still being told I have a leak between the intake valve and throttle body and a higher than normal idle RPM. I just uninstalled the accessport to see if going back to the stock ECU would help. It didn't. Still a CEL. Do I need a custom tune?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts