Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure its in the owners manual but i figured i would share. We were looking around the car and just looking at locations of stuff. I was wondering if there was a cabin filter behind the glove box. Pulled the tabs in and what do you know is behind it??? The interior Fuses!! I have a few pictures below that show the location. Kind of a weird spot i think.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Im sure its in the owners manual but i figured i would share. We were looking around the car and just looking at locations of stuff. I was wondering if there was a cabin filter behind the glove box. Pulled the tabs in and what do you know is behind it??? The interior Fuses!! I have a few pictures below that show the location. Kind of a weird spot i think.

There is also a fuse box under the hood. My 65 Chevy Corvair has only about six fuses, plus one or two inline fuses.

I could not find anything about a cabin air fliter in the owners manual. I'm thinking there isn't one!?:eek:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
there is no cabin filter in the Fiesta

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember my scion had a spot but no filter in it. I figured this one didn't after not finding a spot . But now its confirmed. Thank you :)

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Does the EU car have one?

Many times deletions from the EU cars are made but for example "the mounting bracket (for the pollen filter) remains.....this is common in the industry.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Fuse location

On the euro model they would be along side the steering column, like most American cars, think that could be why?:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone know where the Fuse Puller Tool is?

The manual states

"To remove a fuse, use the fuse puller tool provided on the inside of the
passenger compartment fuse panel cover."

Where is the cover to the fuse panel? Under my glove box the fuses are pretty much exposed with no panel.

Maybe im just blind or confused?

My parents 09 Focus has the fuse box behind a panel under the steering column and it has a protective panel over the fuses...which contains a fuse puller. Ive had to use that to pull my sync fuse to fix a problem with that.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Did you check to see if the tool is clipped directly to the fuse panel itself sometimes it is actually plugged into a fuse blank...if not try the panel on the drivers side where it would have been in the EU car...maybe they left it there.

Any fuses under the hood...it could be there as well.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The one under the hood is called the power distribution block I think. Leastwise that's what our mechanic called it on our Neon. It was a trouble spot on that car for the radio.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I checked both fuse box under the hood (driver side in front of the negative battery cable and the fuse box behind the glove box. Many fuses were not completely seated. They are now.

Also, I addressed the possibility of a problem caused by a poor ground for the battery. This is an easy problem to fix at home if you want to avoid going to the dealer and waiting.

1. Disconnect the positive cable from the battery
  2. Disconnect the negative battery cable at the grounding point next to the brake/clutch fluid reservoir
  3. Sand the paint off to bare metal where the battery cable was grounded
  4. Make sure the washer facing the grounding point is also clean and is bare metal
  5. Reconnect the negative battery cable
  6. Reconnect the positive battery cable

I doubt that my car will experience any "electrical" surprises. I do not like to experience any electrical problem but I enjoy diagnosing and resolving them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the pictures, I noticed that the owners manual was loose. There is an elastic strap at top of the glove box to keep your owners manual up and out of the way. The strap can also double to hold a USB thumb drive out of the way for the SYNC USB2 connection.

·
Registered
882 Posts
In the pictures, I noticed that the owners manual was loose. There is an elastic strap at top of the glove box to keep your owners manual up and out of the way. The strap can also double to hold a USB thumb drive out of the way for the SYNC USB2 connection.

Thanks - I found the strap and secured my owner's manual. Never would have noticed without your pointing this out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts