Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 SE Manual that has just started with this problem. The A/C will run for 30-45 seconds cold as can be and then blows ambient (hot for the most part) air for 1-2 minutes before going back to cold. It cycles like this the whole time. I have it set to MAX A/C with the fan on 4 but it does the same with it not on MAX A/C and lower fan speeds. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting idle, cruise control at 60, or braking. Any ideas what would cause this?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have a 2012 SE Manual that has just started with this problem. The A/C will run for 30-45 seconds cold as can be and then blows ambient (hot for the most part) air for 1-2 minutes before going back to cold. It cycles like this the whole time. I have it set to MAX A/C with the fan on 4 but it does the same with it not on MAX A/C and lower fan speeds. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting idle, cruise control at 60, or braking. Any ideas what would cause this?
You have a pressure problem. Switch is shutting off the compressor because pressure is spiking. Any shop worth its salt should be able to diag this issue in moments.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. What is the cause of this? Electrical? I'd like to fix it myself and not pay they dealer if possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same problem here. But got it fixed. It was over charged ac system. (Although I never had my ac serviced.) All they did to fix it was ac evacuation and recharge.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hi ASMarksAZ,

Thanks for the through description. Have you had a chance to swing past your dealer? They can take a closer look and get things cooled down.

Meagan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks, I'm a new member.

I want to recharge the ac on a 2013 Fiesta but cannot locate the low side service port. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 SE and this problem is showing up. Not sure it's charge because when the compressor runs it gets plenty cool. The problem seems to be how long it runs. If heavy footed the AC hardly ever comes on. Idle away or light driving and it will cool adequatly. If on the highway doing 75+ then it warms up and I have to slow down to cool again.

Could this be a MAP pressure sensor or vacuum leak? I know they check throttle or MAP pressure to cut off the compressor for better performance in a need. Almost feels like that is happening all the time. I will look for vacuum leaks but thought I may ask others what it could possibly be. I doubt it's pressures.

This may be a coincidence but after the oil was changed the thing acted up badly. I checked and had overfilled the engine with about 1/2 of a quart too much. Drained 1/2 qt. and the AC started to work better. Was I imagining this? Ater draining about 1/4 st. it worked better and the full 1/2qt worked even better. Now it's still acting up as indicated earlier. Is the oil level related at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi--Any chance you figured out what was wrong with the AC--I have the same problem now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts